It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:26 pm

Autosparks GTM wiring harness 
GTM delivered

GTM: Spyder
Post Autosparks GTM wiring harness
I want to replace the wiring harness on my Spyder, I’m a bit of a neat freak when it comes to wiring, when I took the dash cover off to find the ODB2 socket I nearly passed out. My box of assorted wiring from other projects is tidier than what I found under there. All those redundant sockets and wires have to go.
A friend found a dedicated GTM Spyder wiring harness made by Autosparks, has anyone got one or know anything about them? They get good reviews for their classic car harnesses.
I’m going to phone them next week to find out what you actually get but at £376.26 I’d struggle to by all the parts. They also do specific looms for the Libra, Coupe, Rossa 1&2 and Rossa 3 starting from £256.90 for the Coupe and all cheaper than for the Spyder.

https://www.autosparks.co.uk/catalogsea ... ult/?q=Gtm

PS, I found the OBD2 socket under the front clam :)

Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:38 am
Profile E-mail
GTM Nirvana

Post Re: Autosparks GTM wiring harness
Interesting that the Spyder loom is £80 more than the Libra loom. I'm struggling to think of anything that would be different between the two. Slightly different arrangement of lights in the front clam (but then many Libra's have Spyder front clams anyway) and slightly different arrangement of rear lights but surely all the main loom is the same?

Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:31 am
Profile E-mail
Ready for SVA

Also check it’s not just the part of the loom normally supplied in the kit as most of the wiring under the dash is from the metro donor.

Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:25 am
Profile E-mail
Part built GTM

Should be like this?

Attachments:
image1.JPG
image1.JPG [ 408.89 KiB | Viewed 2026 times ]
Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:49 am
Profile E-mail
GTM delivered

Thanks for the replies.

I finally got round to phoning Autosparks and the Spyder loom is indeed just a replacement for the GTM section so of no real use to me and over priced I feel. The guy I talked too didn’t know much about the Spyder but when I explained it was the rest of the loom that needs replacing he suggested their generic kitcar loom available for either front or rear engined cars. These are cheaper and would make a decent base for a new loom but I’ve decided to make a new one from scratch. There is a pretty good chance I’ll be doing an engine swap in the future so I’m going to make 2 looms, one for the engine and all the related components and another loom for everything else. Having raided my “unfinished projects” parts box I’m going to re re-allocate a pair of Jenvey DTH throttle bodies and a DTA S40 ECU to the Spyder and buy a motorsport digital dash. These will need a lot of rewiring to fit hence the need for a bespoke loom.

Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:16 am
Profile E-mail
GTM Nirvana

I'd be interested to know how you get on with the Jenveys on the Spyder - plenty of updates and photos please!

Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:55 pm
Profile E-mail
Looking like a GTM

Indylight wrote:
Thanks for the replies.

I finally got round to phoning Autosparks and the Spyder loom is indeed just a replacement for the GTM section so of no real use to me and over priced I feel. The guy I talked too didn’t know much about the Spyder but when I explained it was the rest of the loom that needs replacing he suggested their generic kitcar loom available for either front or rear engined cars. These are cheaper and would make a decent base for a new loom but I’ve decided to make a new one from scratch. There is a pretty good chance I’ll be doing an engine swap in the future so I’m going to make 2 looms, one for the engine and all the related components and another loom for everything else. Having raided my “unfinished projects” parts box I’m going to re re-allocate a pair of Jenvey DTH throttle bodies and a DTA S40 ECU to the Spyder and buy a motorsport digital dash. These will need a lot of rewiring to fit hence the need for a bespoke loom.
Next time you are in Australia, could you drop by and re-wire my Spider?

Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:29 am
Profile E-mail