It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:58 pm

I am new please help (libre infomation) 
GTM on order

Post I am new please help (libre infomation)
Hi I am new to this forum ,I have had a few cars and always liked something different on the car front ,I went to see a libre with a friend who was interested in them and I am thinking of selling a few of my cars to buy one, however I was wondering if people could help me which was best.the main points I need to know are:
1. Practicality ?I am wanted to use this as my main car ,are they all reliable,noise,watertight ,etc, I know they are not full of fancy gadgets and don't have much of storage but I am 18 and have a works vehicle I use most of the day.
2.Actual driving position? I am around 5ft8 (bit of a shorty) :lol: is there anyone of a similar who has any issues.
3. When looking at them is there any main things I should be looking for that can be a tell tale sign of the car I should avoid?
4.Engine size? Obviously I know the 1.8 vvc has the most power but does it completely overshadow the 1.4 in the case of performance, etc
5. Handling? What are they like round corners? I am use to Hillman imps,Clans ,Ginettas and Scimeters with good cornering ability so I would like to know if it is of a similar.

I would really like to test drive a 1.4 and 1.8 to see which is best I know its a big ask seen as I am new but is there anybody local to Worksop /Chesterfield/Sheffield who wouldn't mind taking me for a spin and if they trusted me enough when they met me just to let me take it round the block with them ?
any help appreciated

Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:01 pm
Profile E-mail
GTM delivered

Post Re: I am new please help (libre infomation)
Hi Tom I have a 1.8 up for sale. Positives to you questions in the most part. I bought my car with the view of covering 30k pa however winter time in Cumbria with minus -10 degrees is not idea. However the car can cope but you have to wrap up accordingly. The car when used for my 130 mile round commute returns 45mpg cruising at 60mph so its not expensive to run as a daily.

The heater works in my car but there is currently too much cold air finding its way into the car negating the heater. My intention is to slowly but surely eliminate these pathways. I upgraded the lights as this was one of the weak points and they are now nearly on par with most modern cars. As for handling the Libra is a hoot on a decent road but again the road surfaces up here have deteriorated to pretty poor levels meaning caution must be had in the dark or the spine pays dearly.

I am 5'5" and the driving position is near perfect. I have to say although the car is for sale the price will not drop and if not sold for the said price it will remain with me.

Have a look for my sale thread if you are interested.

Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:51 pm
Profile E-mail
Looking like a GTM

GTM: Libra
Post Re: I am new please help (libre infomation)
maybe you could join us at the east midland meet at Newark where there will be someone to answer all your qustions and ones you didn,t think to ask hope to see you on tuesday night

Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:34 pm
Profile E-mail