It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:37 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Paul's libra 
GTM Nirvana

GTM: Spyder
Post Re: Paul's libra
catsam wrote:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/383847922285

Not tried that one but others have said it works and definitely a simple solution if it does. I think I already mentioned I went with some chunky power resistors but basically the same thing.

Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:22 pm
Profile E-mail
Ready for SVA

GTM: Libra
Quote:
Not tried that one but others have said it works and definitely a simple solution if it does. I think I already mentioned I went with some chunky power resistors but basically the same thing.

hi sanzomat I read your post and yes it's the same thing just in one package

I have stopped working on the wiring for now I need to get the middle part of the loom from the car
so I have started to work on the inside trim panels the wether is cold and wet so can't get outside for now

Image Image

All the vinyl is cut for the inside panels and just needs to be stuck on the panels. which I will do closer to the time when I fit them back into the car.
I'm not having much fun taking the old glue off the panels I have also changed the inside color from gray to black but I don't know if this will be too dark as I'm going to be putting a black carpet in the car

Image Image

Last edited by catsam on Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:58 pm
Profile E-mail
Ready for SVA

I have taken the front suspension of the car and stripped all the parts
I will send the Coilovers to gaz for servicing

Image Image

the springs I have given them a clean and sand. they have come up very good so I will give them a re-paint (with flexible paint).

Image Image

I have stripped down all the front brake Calipers I will refurbish the Brake Caliper with new seals and Pistons and paint (MUST BE RED :D )
the suspension is all looking good.
I have all new bolts and bushes that should go back together a lot easier than it came off the car just needs some paint or powered coat

Image Image

Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:16 pm
Profile E-mail
Ready for SVA

I have started to strip down the back suspension I have taken the gaz suspension off and sent it back with the front ones for service
and fitted a bar to stop it from collapsing

I need to take the top ball joint off the hub I have read that this can be very tight so got one of these (46mm Slogging Ring Spanner Box End Striking Wrench )
I will give it a go and see how it works

the hub and the top ball joint are off the car and the slogging spanner worked very well

Last edited by catsam on Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:37 pm
Profile E-mail
On the Road

FYI, might be adaptable for your spanner.

post19506.html

Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:43 pm
Profile E-mail
Ready for SVA

i like your solution for the spanner slipping from the nut

download/file.php?id=1346

Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:00 pm
Profile E-mail
Looking like a GTM

GTM: Spyder
Yeah good tip - thanks.

Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:09 pm
Profile E-mail
Admin, and Coupe Nutter

GTM: Cox/Coupe
catsam wrote:

Looks a fairly stiff set up there giving a spring rate of infinity/inch

Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:10 pm
Ready for SVA

I had fun today with my boy trying to get the rear suspension from the car the build manual says ( The rear suspension mounts directly to the monocoque.
Loosely mount all four mounting brackets using Ø6mm socket cap head screws ) it forgot to say you can't get to the nuts to undo them

Image Image

Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:12 am
Profile E-mail
Ready for SVA

I have made some new brackets for the brake lines out of some stainless-steel

Image Image

Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:23 pm
Profile E-mail
Ready for SVA

I have been taking all the suspension parts of the car and removing the old paint I'm starting to collect a lot of parts in boxes

Image Image

Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:31 pm
Profile E-mail
On the Road

Label everything! :D

Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:19 pm
Profile E-mail
Ready for SVA

I have got the engine removed from the car there is not much left on the car now some pipes and the wiring loom

the exhaust manifold is bad its not that flat so ebay for a new one

Image Image

Sat May 07, 2022 9:12 am
Profile E-mail
Ready for SVA

now I have the engine and frame removed from the car there is not much left just some pipes and the wiring loom the old frame it's not too bad.
I have a new one that was with the car

Sat May 07, 2022 11:31 am
Profile E-mail
Ready for SVA

Sat Jun 04, 2022 6:48 am
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next