It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:53 am

shows 
Looking like a GTM

GTM: Rossa
Post shows
hello does anyone or the club go to mini shows as well as the gtm/kitcar ones. just asking as i will be able to meet some of you before i get the rossa on the road. we usually take the minis to the main british mini club shows and ones within 1-2 hours of sheffield. trying to plan my event calender so i can do both lots of meets

Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:51 am
Profile E-mail
Part built GTM

GTM: K3
Post Re: shows
Hi Baxter, we always do the main mini shows beginning with Bingley Hall in january. Just a few bits to get for my nephews mini before it comes out of the garage so the K3 can be ripped to bits and rebuilt.
Will probably see you there. I am at Barlborough just off M1 j30. Do you live in sheffield?

Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:16 pm
Profile E-mail
Looking like a GTM

I tend to go to the Mini shows in the Coupe. It's off the road for the moment for a pretty major re-build and change of engine but hopefully will be appearing before the end of next summer. Our Mini club usually go to Bingley but given the likely weather and that it's not really one for showing your own car (unless you're on one of the stands inside) most of us go in the daily drivers and just use it as a chance to stock up on all the bits we didn't have for the jobs we started over Christmas or dig through the autojumble for the stuff we couldn't get.

We have members at most of the shows but ones where you'll see a GTM (mine or the Rossa owned by another member) with the Minis tend to be Race Retro, Woodvale Classic Rally and Cholmondeley. Others depend on whether we feel like it on the weekend and if we have the time off work but those are usually definites.

Iain

Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:33 pm
Profile E-mail
Looking like a GTM

GTM: Rossa
PEEPS wrote:
Hi Baxter, we always do the main mini shows beginning with Bingley Hall in january. Just a few bits to get for my nephews mini before it comes out of the garage so the K3 can be ripped to bits and rebuilt.
Will probably see you there. I am at Barlborough just off M1 j30. Do you live in sheffield?

i live just off J36 M1 at barnsley. should be able to meet up with some of you at shows, its always better to meet people if your there for the day/weekend. some of us take minis or whatever on runs round castleton area and stay on camp site next to cement facory, i'll give you a nod when weather picks up.

Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:43 pm
Profile E-mail
Admin, and Coupe Nutter

GTM: Cox/Coupe
We regularly attend the British Mini Showdown at Stratford, and have a GTM class, we also Do Mini In The Park, I did the miniworld Castle combe action day and a local show at blenheim palace this year.

have a quick look through the events section I certainly listed a few events which I attended

Neil

Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:45 am