It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:16 pm

Looking for a Libra, but have a concern.. 
GTM on order

Post Looking for a Libra, but have a concern..
Hi chaps

My first post, but I've been lurking here for a week or two.

I'm considering the purchase of a GTM Libra, but have limited storage space and am concerned about whether or not I'd be able to get one into my yard. The hut in which I store my motorbikes leaves me an area about 8 metres long, but at its narrowest it's only 2 metres wide (see pic.) I've had a Citroen C1 in there - and at 1.6 metres it's the same width as the Libra, if Google can be believed - but the Citroen's mirrors fold flat and this allows me room. Do the mirrors on the Libra fold flat? If not, how much do they stand proud of the body's widest point? (They're mounted a little in-board of the wheel-arches I notice, but it's hard to tell from photographs just how much they stretch beyond!)

Thanks in advance
Steve

Attachments:
yard layout.jpg
yard layout.jpg [ 27.04 KiB | Viewed 3512 times ]
Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:39 am
Profile E-mail
On the Road

GTM: Libra
Post Re: Looking for a Libra, but have a concern..
My Libra is just short of 1.8m wide to the mirror ends, I park mine in a garage that is about 2.1m wide floorspace (although I can open door wider into shelving area).

The flared rear arches stick out almost as wide as the mirrors so having them folding flat wouldn't help much even if they did (which they don't).

My garage space:
post12920.html#p12920

SAS

Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:09 pm
Profile E-mail
GTM on order

Post Re: Looking for a Libra, but have a concern..
Thanks, SAS. So @ 1.8 metres max. width it would fit, so long as I was careful when reversing it! I could always pull it forward again after the yard gate had been closed; this allowing me to open the door wider for exit/re-entry.

That being the case, can anyone point me in the direction of a good Libra? So much the better if it's reasonably close to me (..I'm in Tyne & Wear, NE England). I've seen the one currently on eBay, but Dover's a long way for me to travel if there's another for sale close by!

Cheers
Steve

Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:18 pm
Profile E-mail