It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:43 pm

Rear Anti-Roll Bar Mounting Brackets 
On the Road

GTM: Libra
Post Rear Anti-Roll Bar Mounting Brackets
Hi all,

Does anyone know the part numbers or from what car the original rear anti-roll bar mounting brackets and bushes are from?

I recently acquired a bar from Stewb but the powerflex brackets I've bought are far too big to fit on the bulkhead 'flat' where the original (GTM) brackets mount?

Cheers

Jamie

Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:07 pm
Profile E-mail
Looking like a GTM

Post Re: Rear Anti-Roll Bar Mounting Brackets
i used powerflex universal d bushes from demon tweeks the clamps i made myself from solid aluminium threaded so bolted from inside so no nuts or bolts seen on engine side a bit like ones elise parts sell but with blind hole so no threads seen not very good with pictures but could ask someone to help email to you if needed

Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:42 pm
Profile E-mail
GTM Nirvana

GTM: Spyder
Is there any reason not to mount some brackets to the engine frame? I was thinking maybe some U-bolts to clamp a flat plate to the the main engine frame bars near where they connect to the tub and then fix the ARB bushes to that plate. Wouldn't be as elegant as Mark H's solution but no need to drill the tub (or remove any trim inside). I'm working on the assumption that most of the forces stay within the bar itself as torsion and the mounts just allow the straight part to pivot (e.g. in bump) and to generally hold it in place when it is in twist. The brackets for the bushes on the MGTF are really thin metal with skinny bolts to the body so can't be taking a great load.

Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:55 pm
Profile E-mail
Looking like a GTM

i think the original ones supplied by gtm were metro parts but not sure which ones .I think the ones on compeng24 ebay shop are stainless steel copies of the ones you need.I don,t think the idea of fitting to engine frame will be very easy are look very good because engine frame is not symmetrical and mounts to bulkhead much further from centre line of car than where d bush clamps need to be

Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:30 pm
Profile E-mail
GTM Nirvana

GTM: Spyder
[quote="mark h"I don,t think the idea of fitting to engine frame will be very easy are look very good because engine frame is not symmetrical and mounts to bulkhead much further from centre line of car than where d bush clamps need to be[/quote]
I was thinking about this some more today and opened up the rear clam to investigate and you are dead right - mounting the ARB to the engine frame near the tub is a non-starter, but... ..it looks like fixing the bar mountings at the rear of the engine frame with the lever arms coming forwards could be an option. There are some vertical faces on the gussets where the boot supports are that look ideal on mine (but my exhaust arrangement seems different to everyone else's so might not work for everyone.) The straight bar could fix there. There would be around 100mm more free bar on the nearside as the frame is not central on the car. The levers would come forward circa 330mm to the line of the bottom mounting of the rear shocks. This looks about the same horizontal distance as the normal GTM bar would be from the pivot on the bulkhead to the same point so should give the same leverage. Much shorter drop links though and there seems to be plenty of space on both sides. I couldn't find an obvious hole for the drop links to fix to - do they piggyback the shock bolt?
Attachment:
Rear ARB mockup.jpg
Rear ARB mockup.jpg [ 103.65 KiB | Viewed 4373 times ]

Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:42 pm
Profile E-mail