It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:08 am

New GTM owner and forum member 
GTM delivered

Post New GTM owner and forum member
Hi I am a new gtm libra owner having acquired my car three weeks ago. I am going to be sending off my club registration in the week. Having taken the car for a decent shakedown after trailering it home I have found a few issues that I need to rectify some more serious than others , so I will probally be driving you guys nuts with questions and reading as many of the threads for ideas to modify my gtm for more of a track focus and a possible engine conversion in the future. Any help you guys can give me along the way will be massively appreciated.

Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:37 pm
Profile E-mail
On the Road

Post Re: New GTM owner and forum member
Morning Scottey, and welcome.

Pics. We like pics.

Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:02 am
Where is my Number Plate?

GTM: Cox/Coupe
Welcome Scottey b :D

Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:44 am
GTM Nirvana

GTM: Spyder
Welcome Scottey.

Where are you located? The name might suggest Scotland but maybe your name is Scott!

Yes - pics please! Someone might know the history of your car!

Happy to share suggestions - you tell us what the issue is and we'll do our best.

Engine conversion - what from:to are you thinking about?

Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:55 pm
Profile E-mail
GTM delivered

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Im from bury st edmunds. The car is currently running a 1.8 rover k series at the moment. The libra is a car that I have always wanted since I first sore it. I have a few jobs to do most of which should be pretty easy. Its just the wiring gremlins that will be a headache. My plans for the car are to probably fit a Honda k20 engine into the car with the intention of supercharging it in the future. In the past I have tuned the rover k series engine to over 200hp but I can see myself wanting more than the engine is capable of reliably producing. I had considered fitting a vw tfsi but the extra complexity of the turbo and reduced drive ability has put me off. I'm doing the research into the swaps at the moment so if anyone has recommendations for alternatives I'd be interested to hear them. My first job at the moment is to sort out the wheels and tyres as the fronts are rubbing on the front clamshell so i will be switching to a lower tyre profile which will be 205/45/r16

bellow are a couple of pictures of my car. i intend to use the car mainly for rwyb weekends at santa pod, car shows and some summer fun.

ImageImage

Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:06 pm
Profile E-mail
On the Road

GTM: Libra
Welcome to the forum Scottey, will you be coming to Stoneleigh on the 6th/7th May with your car :?:

Bob.

Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:09 am
Profile E-mail
GTM delivered

i will be coming but unfortunately i wont be able to bring the car this time as i have a few niggles to sort out on the car and i don't feel too comfortable going this far from home with them as i don't want to run out of electricity and lights that don't work too well without playing up. On the plus side i will be able to buy more bits for the car I'm hopping to bag myself a few goodies so I'm bringing my dad along to help me carry everything back to the car. i hope to see you guys there

Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:56 pm
Profile E-mail