It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:52 am

What are we all doing? 
Part built GTM

Post Re: What are we all doing?
Right this has inspired me. I have been out and looked at the car a few times more since the first post. I am calling this the planning stage.
I have turned the house upside down while the wife has been at work, I am a strong boy.
I have gathered together all the tools she had obviously forgot about.
I have a heavy lump hammer found in the shed. A Stanley knife with 2 good blades and one which I will call a safety blade, it wont cut anything. 3 screwdrivers
one is tinny and used to be kept at the old fuse box for changing the old stile wire fuses.
And finally a pair of pliers which must be for a very special job as they are shut solid, they are in a bucket of diesel to see if I can free them off.
Not as extensive as my proper full tool kit with every gadget a man could imagine but its a start.
So the car is completely stripped and stored in boxes.
If you believe films like the great escape, you can build a tunnel with little more than a tea spoon.
So where should I start and how far do you think I will get?
Or.
Should I just give the shell a wash and polish and continue the planning stage, possibly sitting in the shell with a wee glass of whisky to celebrate starting the project. Mind you my luck would be that the police would see me and book me for drink driving, even though the shell has nothing but the doors fitted. Oh well strange times.

Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:39 am
Profile E-mail
Looking like a GTM

techead wrote:
Right this has inspired me. I have been out and looked at the car a few times more since the first post. I am calling this the planning stage.
I have turned the house upside down while the wife has been at work, I am a strong boy.
I have gathered together all the tools she had obviously forgot about.
I have a heavy lump hammer found in the shed. A Stanley knife with 2 good blades and one which I will call a safety blade, it wont cut anything. 3 screwdrivers
one is tinny and used to be kept at the old fuse box for changing the old stile wire fuses.
And finally a pair of pliers which must be for a very special job as they are shut solid, they are in a bucket of diesel to see if I can free them off.
Not as extensive as my proper full tool kit with every gadget a man could imagine but its a start.
So the car is completely stripped and stored in boxes.
If you believe films like the great escape, you can build a tunnel with little more than a tea spoon.
So where should I start and how far do you think I will get?
Or.
Should I just give the shell a wash and polish and continue the planning stage, possibly sitting in the shell with a wee glass of whisky to celebrate starting the project. Mind you my luck would be that the police would see me and book me for drink driving, even though the shell has nothing but the doors fitted. Oh well strange times.

Great news Brian, I really wanted your car but it was the transport & storage at this end, but this is great news, take it steady & don't overdo it, watch out for those heavy items

Alan..

Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:01 am
Profile E-mail
Admin, and Coupe Nutter

GTM: Cox/Coupe
Top work

Quote:
Should I just give the shell a wash and polish

Its a good place to start and I find always nicer to see a clean car.

Neil

Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:44 am
Looking like a GTM

Well it was warm in the garage so got all the suspension back on the Ginetta G32 all nicely coated and fitted with poly bushes all around with new adjustable shocks and spring seats all round

Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:20 pm
Profile E-mail