It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:50 am

Westfield emails regarding making a new rear clam 
On the Road

GTM: Libra
Post Re: Westfield emails regarding making a new rear clam
Same as colin, I think I could find somewhere to store any moulds that the club acquired and I really think its something that is worth exploring.

As for Westfield, I don't think acquiring the moulds is feasible unless they adopt a sensible mindset and realise that they would be releasing the moulds to the hands of enthusiasts to ensure parts supply for a very important GTM heritage model. If they see it as a profit opportunity its never going to be feasible.......but they clearly have no interest in suppling parts to existing owners so no profit there??? Do they expect to adapt the moulds for a new model? If thats the case then they are no good to us Libra / Spyder owners anyway. I really can't see what Westfield want them for if they aren't ever going to mould any new parts??

It boils down to hoping that Westfield do the right thing and donate / make those moulds available to the club for a modest cost / FOC. I doubt they will be that accommodating or even care a damn about GTM, owners of its previous models or the heritage of the name.

Wasn't someone from Westfield a member on here? Or was it the Facebook group.......If so, I'd like to hear his opinion on my statement above.

Just a thought...... does anyone in the club have the necessary skills to take a set of moulds from a rear clam and nose panel? I ask as I will be removing mine next year to have them repainted and would be willing to let someone take moulds from them before I get that done.

Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:35 pm
Profile E-mail
On the Road

GTM: Libra
Post Re: Westfield emails regarding making a new rear clam
Out of interest, anyone know what happened to the original masters that the molds were taken from?

Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:56 pm
Profile E-mail