It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:47 pm

Stupid questions 3.0 
Part built GTM

GTM: Libra
Post Stupid questions 3.0
Stupid questions 3

As we've had a few warm days, has anyone fitted Air Conditioning to their Libra ??

I know certain MG TF models had A/C so compressor mounts on the engine should be relatively straightforward, assuming it all clears the rear subframe, and a condenser radiator up front shouldn't be too difficult to figure out, but does anyone know of a suitable heat exchanger which could be adapted to the Metro heater unit, or failing that another suitable heater unit with A/C built in ??

Gear Selector.

The gear selector (MGF Cable change) is well worn and very sloppy. I bought another MGF change from eBay and can see where the problems are.

Other than resorting to a Mike Satur or other upgraded type has anyone tried to modify or improve the existing shifter ?? Bigger bronze bushes or replacement plastic components to give it better life ??

Or if I make the best out of the two I have will that give sufficient service life to warrant dropping all the services out of the tunnel to get the selector out ??

Phil.

Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:32 pm
Profile E-mail
Looking like a GTM

GTM: Libra
Post Re: Stupid questions 3.0
I found opening the window worked well - even in yesterdays heat with a 100mile motorway run and good A roads either side window open all the way, gets a bit noisy on the motorway at times.. Only the oil got hot and bothered. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:56 pm
Profile E-mail
GTM Nirvana

GTM: Spyder
I find having the roof down usually avoids the need for A/C. My car does have a button for A/C on the right hand dash panel though!

Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:18 pm
Profile E-mail
Ready for SVA

Gearchange I would just bite the bullet and get the Mike Satur.

AC I'm sure could be done. Carbuilder Solutions do some smallish units. I would say though it would be worth looking at getting air out of the cabin as air flow with the windows up is very poor. A bit like the McLaren F1.

Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:22 pm
Profile E-mail
On the Road

GTM: Cox/Coupe
Car Builder solutions do a small a/c evaporator unit, I found something very similar here in Kano and fitted under the passenger side parcel tray in my coupe, today is raining and cool and only about 32c, so a/c needed heater not needed.
John

Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:13 am
Profile E-mail