It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:02 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Paul's libra 
Ready for SVA

GTM: Libra
Post Re: Paul's libra
Thanks for the info i will have a look at the new
stalks and column

Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:55 pm
Profile E-mail
Ready for SVA

I have taken the trim panels out and will be changing the colour to black with a black carpet

Image Image

Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:39 am
Profile E-mail
On the Road

You don't appear to have a fuel tank vent hose?

Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:28 am
Profile E-mail
Ready for SVA

I think it has a vent pipe the white part in the pipe is a T piece.
and the vent comes from that and runs up the piler. but I will have a look

Last edited by catsam on Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:54 pm
Profile E-mail
On the Road

Wasn't clear from the pic. Mine has a T there with a small hose that goes up/down the pillar and then outside to engine bay and emissions canister etc.

Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:24 pm
Profile E-mail
Ready for SVA

Thought I would make some new side vents as the one's I have are a bit rusty

Image Image
Image Image

Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:10 am
Profile E-mail
Ready for SVA

I have taken off the engine steady bar I thought my welding was bad I can't see why they welded it like that

I have started making a new one without the welded part at the end

Image Image

I'm going to cut the bar in half and fit this left-hand and right-hand thread part to give it some adjustment

Last edited by catsam on Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:42 pm
Profile E-mail
On the Road

:D

Attachment:
Catsam hinges FR.JPG
Catsam hinges FR.JPG [ 185.32 KiB | Viewed 2827 times ]

Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:16 pm
Profile E-mail
GTM delivered

Hi, re the engine steady. Looks like some sort of emergency repair as that is where they break. My Libra runs with a 1.4K so only has the one steady bar because of the tin sump. The trouble is that as the bush flexes its centre stops being at 90degrees to the bar so the bar has to try to bend (in the Metro the attachment was to both sides of the bush). My original factory bar bent and I was supplied with one made of larger diameter tube which also bent then fractured. Here I hope is a picture of my redesign. The bush is now in a tube on the end of the bar and I made up a steel part to fill the original alloy bush housing. I like your idea of an adjuster but fear if you only have the one steady it is liable to try to bend/break if mounted to the side of the original bush. Yes the bush I used is smaller (one of those once upon a time ubiquitous Cortina rear suspension items) but it was what I had the parts for a quick fix, but it has lasted a decade or so now okay.
Also take a look at http://www.gtmdrivers.com/forum/post26188.html#p26188 to see other troubles with steady bars.
Best regards
Howard W

Attachments:
52A06096-85B9-4943-B57A-41AD288582D7_1_105_c.jpeg
52A06096-85B9-4943-B57A-41AD288582D7_1_105_c.jpeg [ 197.65 KiB | Viewed 2786 times ]
Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:41 pm
Profile E-mail
Ready for SVA

hi thanks, I did think the bush was a bit soft that was my thinking behind not welding the end on I can see what you mean
Quote:
the bush flexes its center stops being at 90degrees to the bar so the bar has to try to bend

I like your steel part to fill the original alloy bush housing I was thinking if I made some big thick washers to put on each side of the bush it would not flex out of 90degres
probably just snap off :lol:
I could also fill the bush with polyurethane

Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:38 pm
Profile E-mail
Ready for SVA

Iook what I got in the post

Very big thanks nice and shiny big thanks
sidewinder

Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:29 pm
Profile E-mail
Ready for SVA

I was going to look at the wireing in the conservatory but it was too cold so the front room it is
Image Image

I have been moved out for xmas so not much is happening with the car

Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:26 pm
Profile E-mail
Ready for SVA

When I got the car it had an AC switch fitted for the heater, I do not know what the square rocker switch is for

when I looked at the wiring for the heater fan I could not work out how they had done it as the AC switch is just on or of (one speed )
and the small rocker switch was connected to the heater fan they must have had problems with the resistor

So I got the metro 3 position switch and had to fit a new plug and new Female Spade connector the small terminals did not fit the metro switch
still do not know how it was done

I have changed the plug fingers crossed I have all the wires going to the right place
should give me 3 speeds

Last edited by catsam on Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:50 am
Profile E-mail
GTM Nirvana

GTM: Spyder
Worth checking the resistors on the fan are still intact. If not it'll only work on the fastest speed. Might be why the previous owner just used a rocker switch?

Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:32 am
Profile E-mail
Ready for SVA

I think my car had one speed for the heater at some point but looking at the car the resistor is not connected and not the right one
and the wire is linked together. at some point, I think they had problems and put in the small rocker switch in the dash

I could not work out what was going on so I will just rewire it and get the resistor something like this
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/383847922285

Last edited by catsam on Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:11 am
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next