It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:27 am

Exhaust manifold??? 
Looking like a GTM

Post Exhaust manifold???
The Rossa I have has a 1.4 Rover engine in it (8v) I recently bought a new exhaust but find that the down pipes don't match the manifold. Anyone know what exhaust manifolds will fit, there are a couple of different ones available on evilbay. One is off and 16v 1.8 mgf engine and another off a 1.8 8v freelander petrol engine. The mating point between the manifold and the down pipe has 4 bolt holes. The original manifold has been bodged up a bit so needs replacing anyway.

Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:58 am
The Terrible Tims

GTM: Cox/Coupe
Post Re: Exhaust manifold???
There's a K series 1.4 16v sitting my workshop, i'll look tonight, probably different to an 8v though.

Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:53 pm
The Terrible Tims

Its cast 4-2, the downpipe that should bolt to it would be 2-1 :wink:

Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:53 pm
Looking like a GTM

The other Tim, Thanks for that. The new exhaust is a 2 to 1 item from a 16v K series but I need to know if a 16v exhaust manifold will fit an 8v head, any ideas? :? :?

Attachments:
cars11.jpg
cars11.jpg [ 256.91 KiB | Viewed 4764 times ]
Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:43 pm
The Terrible Tims

Any chance of a picture of the port side :?: I do'nt know if they are the same or not, but this one is surplus :)

Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:04 pm
On the Road

lyndiloo wrote:
... find that the down pipes don't match the manifold.

I took the exhaust I purchased into the local motor factor and asked for a "gasket to fit that"
"whats it off?"
"kit car with a rover k series"

they went through every car with K series they could think of and could not match the gasket, must admit it left me mistified as to where the manifold came from. So I had a new box made for the old exhaust. Not ideal but it got the car back on the road.

Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:02 pm
Looking like a GTM

The manifold is still attached to the engine, I didn't want to disturb it unless I was going to replace it, howeer if I can't find out for definate soon then I will remove it and take a photo.
Malcolm, I have a new box and down pipe so it is only the connection to the manifold that is not right and I'm sure I can do one of two things Firstly replace the manifold to suit the 2 into 1 down pipe which will probably flow better secondly find the original style down pipe and make it fit the box.
I have locate an original down pipe but know I will be restricting flow so option one is preferred.

Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:31 am
Looking like a GTM

Just found out from those nice people at Talon (very helpful) that the 16v manifolds won't fit the 8v head so I am now back to option two with getting an original down pipe for an 8v engine and making it fit (not a major issue just a bit naff). They also told me that the K3 was pimerily set up for the 16v engines so this 1.4 8v jobby is abit of a runt.
Anyway it will stay as a 1.4 for now until the wife is happy with the way it drives and is hopefully reliable and then I can cock it up by ripping it out and putting a vvc 1.8 in it's place. (will be sometime in the future as other projects are starting to stack up waiting for their turn).
Cheers for the help and info "the other Tim".

Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:18 pm