It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:03 am

Setting up the Coupe ride hieght 
Part built GTM

Post Setting up the Coupe ride hieght
My Coupe measures 5" from under the sills to to floor at the front and 5½" from under the sills to the floor at the back. I was thinking of resetting this to be even all round at 5½" all round. Can anyone tell me whether this is the correct measurement to make the car look right. on 13" x 60 profile tyres
Malc Jones

PS. I would also like any info anyone can give on arranging the throttle pedal as a cross shaft accross the floor so that the cable acts directly from the side wall of the tunnel to the carb without any significant bends.

Wrhee is the sepll ceckchr on tihs thnig ?

Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:38 pm
Profile E-mail
On the Road

Post Re: Setting up the Coupe ride hieght
Mine measured up at 5" clearance at the front and 6" at the rear of the floorpan when I bought it. They tend to look good with a slightly nose down stance but setting the ride heights is less about looks and more about getting the suspension set up correctly in terms of operating ranges and cambers.

I didn't use the throttle cross shaft at all. I have a throttle cable abutment in the bulkhead in a more conventional fashion.

Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:31 am
The Terrible Tims

GTM: Cox/Coupe
I have a feeling that the imps used a throttle pedal like that. Can't be 100% though.

malc jones wrote:
Wrhee is the sepll ceckchr on tihs thnig ?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Is est totus perfectus per fumi quod speculum"

Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:02 am
Profile E-mail
The Terrible Tims

My coupe came with a throttle like that, the cable is a straight pull from about where the gear lever is. It may be Fiat X19 as the pedal box and rear brakes came from an X19. I could try taking some pictures :roll: :? :lol:

Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:27 am
Admin, and Coupe Nutter

malc jones wrote:
PS. I would also like any info anyone can give on arranging the throttle pedal as a cross shaft accross the floor so that the cable acts directly from the side wall of the tunnel to the carb without any significant bends.

My Coupe back when i first got it had this arangement, but it did not suit me and i went away from this as a pure cable system was lighter and if you find yourself a ptfe lined cable its silky smooth. my cross bar was from the previous owner and was primative and certainly didnt feel right. when i re-engineered the car i went away from it out of preferance./simplicity.

On ride height i can only suggest to set the coupe ride height nose down, it does help high speed stability, and with one inch of rake on the chassis the floor is at 1 degree and a simple diffuser! altho the seat pans are still not 100% level with the ground tho. from memory i currently run 135mm and 165mm ride heights

WEST

Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:47 pm