It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:43 am

TV interference 
Looking like a GTM

Post TV interference
I have noticed that whenever the K3 is started up and anywhere near the house my digital reception goes all to pot. It will stop and start and the picture goes all pixelated. Once the car has got maybe 60 feet or more away all resets itself and is fine, on returning the same thing happens until the engine is switched off.
I assume it is a suppression issue, has anyone else had this problem or knows what it is. The Rossa is a 1.4 K series without injection.

Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:33 pm
On the Road

Post Re: TV interference
Yep, mine does this with the a-series. Although our normal reception isn't brilliant at the best of times, it goes completely off when I start up.

My Marcos used to do it too - from 200yds away on analogue tv.

I think it's the lack of a tin box around the engine that causes it.

Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:20 pm
Where is my Number Plate?

GTM: Cox/Coupe
110db interference, (of exhaust noise happenens) when the Cox gets started too :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:05 pm
Admin, and Coupe Nutter

GTM: Cox/Coupe
My money is on you need

resistor plugs they are the bigest cause of the noise the plugs. check t see if they are the resistor type

WEST

Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:47 pm
Looking like a GTM

My friends TVR doesn't make any changes to the signal, so don't think it is the lack of tinwork (although it does have a chassis)

Loud noise more preferable to the interferance (Have a yank tank with straight through exhaust so know where you are coming from on that one)

Can't check the plugs till middle of next week as daughter has taken the wifes car to go to some festival but sounds like a good place to start.

I also note that there is some sort of suppressor on the ecu, is there anyway of checking to see if it is good or anyone know what make it is so I could get a new one.

Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:07 pm
On the Road

It sounds to me more like a lack of RF screening as there is no earthed steel bodyshell surrounding the HT system.

It's not a problem I've had although sometimes I have had interference on the in car radio. I have read that lining the engine compartment or boot lid with earthed aluminium foil can help.

Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:02 am