It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:35 pm

Two Mini Front Subframes. 4 bolt 'dry' as used in the Coupe. 
On the Road

Post Two Mini Front Subframes. 4 bolt 'dry' as used in the Coupe.
I have two used Classic Mini front subframes which I removed from my GTM Coupe. They are both 4 bolt fixing (two 3/8" UNF bolts in each tower) and they are both 'dry' in that they use rubber cones springs not Hydrolastic displacers.

The first subframe, originally fitted to the front of my Coupe, is in good condition with only surface rust. It is structurally very sound. The only modification is 4 holes drilled in the rear crossmember where the rack was mounted in the GTM. the holes are visible in the third photo. I would like £100 ono for this subframe.

The second subframe was originally fitted to the rear of my Coupe. It may have been converted from a Hydrolastic subframe by fitting new turret tops as there are no holes drilled to fit standard bump stops but I am only guessing here. It has more surface rust but is still structurally sound. The only problem areas are inside the tower tops where the cone springs locate and, in my opinion, they are still sound enough to use (It would also be ideal for a coil over conversion). This subframe has been modified with extra holes on the rear mounts (to fit an exhaust) and extra holes and a gear linkage cut out on the front cross member. All these are visible in the photos. I would like £50 ono for this subframe.

Buyers would need to collect these subframes from the Chester le Street area.

Thu May 30, 2019 2:19 pm