It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:59 am

sad times but i see the light 
Looking like a GTM

GTM: Rossa
Post sad times but i see the light
ive not updated my project for a while and things have now changed. as some of you may have seen, i started painting my rossa and was doing a very nice job of it until one day i was in the garage with the next body part preped and ready for paint, the gun was full with paint, body tacked off, compressor tank full and ready to go, pulled the trigger and.......nothing. some f****** t**t only came down the drive and nicked compressor and my paint, cant afford to replace it yet and the paint cant be mached, it was a colour with pearl added. insurance wont pay out they say it was left unattended even though it was in use. we are expecting another baby in two weeks and busy at work so time is short. i got 5 litres of 2k paint from ebay and to get it on the road for this summer i am painting it with rollers, building the car to get it running and will do all the other work as a running project. i have already done the main body. good thing with the rollers is it uses a hell of a lot less paint but it takes more time rubbing out. ive had a few people see it so far and they all think it has been sprayed like i did before and are supprised when i tell them how i did it. i will get pics up soon. i still cant believe the cheek and i never heard a thing (metallica playing may have had a hand in that though). :evil:

Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:15 am
Profile E-mail
Looking like a GTM

Post Re: sad times but i see the light
What rotten luck :shock: And what utter cheek :!:

Rollering on 2K is the way they do it on boats now - using a brush to feather it a bit too.

Allen

Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:33 pm
GTM on order

GTM: Rossa
Post Re: sad times but i see the light
hello im copey im new to this ,iv just got a part built gtm .dont be put of about your paint and dont just paint it to get it finished you will regret it later and its more work to strip it back to do it again.if you can, wait untill you can replace the colour you want then do it.i have just lost £182 on ebay for a mini 1000 engine for mine from a guy in scotland and he striped it bare removing parts from the head to i was also angry.but i now have another one to replace it.

Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:17 pm
Profile E-mail