It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:24 am

New to the forum 
GTM on order

Post New to the forum
Hi thought i introduce myself

I recently bought a K3 that was developed by the previous iwner and Talon Sports cars very nice little car it is too very well sorted with some nice bits on it although whilst having it running on the drive the other night it decided to piss itself out of the expansion tank despite it never getting over 90c on the temp gauge. I suspect an airlock may be the cause. The drive home in it the little car behaved like a saint.

Really impressed with the K3 they are like tardis once your in there genuinley amazed at the space.

Ive been into Kits a while now and currentley own a Dutton Legerra that i converted to Zetec power and an RX8 6 speed gearbox im also a member of the ever growing North west kit car owners group.

I have been a club racer for about 12 years now although the last 12 months i have had a year off for the sanity off my bank account and ny mind although plans are afoot for me to race a Triumph Spitfire in historics in 2019. I have previously raced a 7 type car called a Fletcher Hornet and until earlier this year a Fisher Fury both cars i converted to run Zetecs.

My plans for the little k3 are to use it as a trackday car and for the lads europe tours that we do i have also promised my lad that i will take him to the Le Mans 24 hour in it. I aim to build the K3 into a Msa legal race car and enter the events that take my fancy in it.when the 160vvc in it lets go the plan is to probably go rover 1.8t k series hopefully with a nice 200bhp i may start building up a forged bottom end over the course of next year. But in the first instance i just want to get out there and drive it and enjoy the little beastie. I plan on joining the club and look forward to meeting you all over the coming years

Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:47 pm
Profile E-mail
Ready for SVA

Post Re: New to the forum
Welcome.

Nice car you bought.

I would start with a new cap on the expansion as they are known to fail.

Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:45 pm
Profile E-mail
GTM on order

Post Re: New to the forum
Thanks Roger

Im also considering a vacuum coolant filler to ensure of getting rid of the airlock

It hasnt been used much in the last couple of years so i need to do a cambelt and service on it first

Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:10 pm
Profile E-mail