It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:15 am

Coilovers 
Part built GTM

GTM: K3
Post Coilovers
Ok so I can’t post on my K3 thread due to blank screen syndrome but I’ve found I can start another topic so here goes. I now have the coilover brackets for the front end ( thanks Peter ) and I’ve removed the junk from the offside of the car ready to fit the first bracket. I’m hoping to order the coilovers and springs tomorrow but I need to know what size bonded bushes I need in the coilovers. The holes in the top of the mounting bracket will take an M12 bolt which is no problem but the hole in the upper arm will only take an M10. I don’t think it’s wise to drill the arm out to take an M12 so any suggestions? Do I order with an M12 top bush and an M10 bottom bush or is there an alternative way of doing this? I’ve measured the gap in the upper mounting at 34mm. Does that sound right? When I rang Larkspeed they wanted so much info it was like twenty questions :roll: Any help would be appreciated.

Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:38 pm
Profile E-mail
GTM Nirvana

GTM: Spyder
Post Re: Coilovers
Plenty of the guys in my local kit car club have bought from Protech and found them to very helpful and buying direct probably saves a few £ compared to through a retailer. Dave Gallop of Track Developments (also a member of my local club) shares a stand at shows with them and he endorses them too and what Dave doesn't know about suspension isn't worth knowing! As such if/when I replace my coilovers it will be Protech. I suspect if you phone them and talk over your issues they will guide you.

https://www.protechshocks.co.uk/products/kit-car-shocks/

Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:12 pm
Profile E-mail