It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:41 pm

Jim's K3 
GTM delivered

GTM: K3
Post Jim's K3
Hello I'm Jim and for my sins I have just purchased a partly disassembled K3, I understand it had originally been built for a Kit car magazine so someone here may know of it. Its Yellow (very yellow in fact) and has the multi point fuel injection 1.4 engine. The previous owner had ideas to fit MGF running gear but wasn't able to progress very far with that idea apart from throwing out the gear linkage, front end and chopping out the front wheel arches. He did fit MGF wheels but to be honest I prefer something that doesn't stick of the bodywork so these have been disposed of.

My plan is to reinstate the original specification front end components, remove the ugly wheel arch extensions, repair the front clam arches and generally put it back to how it was. Sounds easy but I'm sure I'll soon learn the error of my ways. I live in Tonbridge, Kent so if anyone here is local to me I would be pleased to say 'hello'.

Can anyone tell me how to post pictures in this thread, I cant see how to do it as I would like to share any progress I make. I'm off for a lay down in a darkened room now, to contemplate the error of my ways but will be back soon. . . AU REVOIR !!

Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:14 am
Profile E-mail
GTM delivered

Post Re: Jim's K3
I now see how to post pictures !
The day of collection

Attachment:
13.jpg
13.jpg [ 531.28 KiB | Viewed 4236 times ]

Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:13 am
Profile E-mail
Ready for SVA

GTM: Libra
Hi and welcome. nice to see one more k3 going back on the road

Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:09 am
Profile E-mail
GTM Nirvana

GTM: Spyder
Good luck with it.

Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:27 am
Profile E-mail
GTM delivered

Thank you gentlemen, I've always had a soft spot for the little car.

Slight mishap on the way home, the car was loaded backwards on the trailer, the wind got under the rear edge of the hardtop and . . . . . . . Whoosh !! top flew off and landed in the outside lane of the motorway. Picture the scene, two lunatics running about in the motorway traffic trying to recover the itinerant top and get it to safety. Under the circumstances it fared pretty well although I now need a new rear window.

Attachments:
21.jpg
21.jpg [ 164.58 KiB | Viewed 4219 times ]
Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:58 am
Profile E-mail
GTM delivered

This little gem will be plundered for the bits missing from the yellow peril and should yield some useful spares as well

Attachments:
Metro 2.jpg
Metro 2.jpg [ 24.84 KiB | Viewed 4169 times ]
Metro 1.jpg
Metro 1.jpg [ 30.65 KiB | Viewed 4169 times ]
Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:38 am
Profile E-mail
GTM delivered

Can anyone point me in the direction of a soft top for the yellow peril ? good bad or indifferent, frame only or complete, I really don't mind. Even the loan of one to make the frame would be good. Any help or assistance will be very much appreciated.

By the way is there some particular company or person from whom GTM spares are available? I would like to replace the clear plastic headlight cowls as mine are broken.

Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:07 pm
Profile E-mail
Ready for SVA

rossabitz

Do a surch on here for him

Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:40 pm
Profile E-mail
GTM delivered

Thank you I'll do that

Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:22 pm
Profile E-mail
GTM delivered

Well i have got my new headlight covers courtesy of Alan (Rossabitz) but I am still needing a lead on a soft top for the car, will anyone help me ? i'll buy it or I can borrow it to get it measured and a new frame made. Any help will be much appreciated.
Hmm !! it's a sunny day here so off for a cold beer or three.

Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:56 pm
Profile E-mail
Ready for SVA

You could try the wanted page on here for the soft top

Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:40 pm
Profile E-mail
GTM delivered

Good morning all,
I'm diligently acquiring things I need for the yellow peril, I was very fortunate in being offered a brand new old stock soft top kit so I can make the car much more useable in the summer months, that plus a box of sundry spares is now sitting on the shelf in my garage.
I'll post an ad in the wanted section as I'm wondering if anyone has a hardtop rear window glass that I could buy as mine got smashed when the car was collected from its previous owner, an annoying mishap but 'one of those things'.
Oh well, onwards and upwards !

Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:07 pm
Profile E-mail
GTM delivered

Hi Jim,
You should be able to make a template for the rear window and then get a window/glazing company to make one, it should be toughened, cost around £30. Have you binned those wheelarch extensions, I might be interested in them if you're willing to part with them or alternatively know who makes/supplies them, cheers Pete.

Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:13 am
Profile E-mail
GTM delivered

I had thought about having a window made and in deed that's what I will no doubt end up doing, sometimes though people have things like that sitting around and are glad to find homes for them. I just thought I would ask the question.
As far as I know the wheel arch extensions were the first thing to go in the bin but if they are still in the workshop you are welcome to them.

Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:31 am
Profile E-mail
GTM delivered

I'LL pass on those arches Jim, thanks anyways. I figure it's going to be more hassle than sourcing something local or via the internet because you are a fair distance from me!

Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:40 am
Profile E-mail