It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:51 pm

Thinking of selling the Spyder 
Part built GTM

GTM: Spyder
Post Thinking of selling the Spyder
Age is catching up on us, the knees aren't what they used to be and we are finding it increasingly difficult to get in and out of the Spyder. Therefore the time has come to try and find it a new home.

The car, it is Spyder no 32 and was first registered on the 11th December 2007. I was told by the previous owner that it was a factory built car. The car is running a 1.8VVC unit and in my ownership since June 2014 I have had the head gasket done with a cometic gasket fitted, the much talked about radiator and fan upgrade which really does sort the old cooling issues out ( I have also fitted an over-ride switch under the dash. Runs bang on temperature even when sitting in traffic in the heat). I have also fitted a PRT which reduces the risk of head shock and works really well. We also decided to do away with the inertia reel belts as we found them uncomfortable and fitted harnesses instead. This had two real benefits, first the harnesses were more comfortable and secondly the horizontal bar to which they are secured provides more torsional stiffness to the car. Recently I have replaced the lower rear suspension joints and had the geometry set up by Boss Racing at Brands Hatch. She really does sit very well on the road. The last improvement was the fitting of 4 brand new 16" wheels as I felt the old ones had a few too many stone chips etc. Mileage is currently a tad under 11,000. We have taken the car to Europe twice and it has never let us down. There have numerous other small tweeks but nothing to really shout about such as three 12v sockets so you can charge phones etc whilst running the satnav. It is in its original Red gelcoat and has always been kept garaged. So if you fancy a Spyder drop me a pm and we can chat. I'm looking for around the £8500 ovno for it.

I have attached some photos , sorry about the quality as I'm no David Bailey. I feel sure there are a huge number of other things I could say or questions I could anticipate but better to see it than talk about it. Happy to answer any questions though.

Attachments:
IMG_2541.jpg
IMG_2541.jpg [ 54.26 KiB | Viewed 3825 times ]
IMG_2543.jpg
IMG_2543.jpg [ 48.91 KiB | Viewed 3825 times ]
IMG_2534.jpg
IMG_2534.jpg [ 70.02 KiB | Viewed 3825 times ]
IMG_2536.jpg
IMG_2536.jpg [ 17.51 KiB | Viewed 3825 times ]
IMG_2538.jpg
IMG_2538.jpg [ 65.62 KiB | Viewed 3825 times ]
Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:36 pm
Profile E-mail
GTM Nirvana

GTM: Spyder
Post Re: Thinking of selling the Spyder
That is a nice looking Spyder. If I was still looking I'd be beating a path to your door - good luck selling.

Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:51 pm
Profile E-mail