It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:01 am

1995 Built GTM K3 Project ***SOLD*** 
Part built GTM

GTM: Rossa
Post 1995 Built GTM K3 Project ***SOLD***
Sadly, due to unforeseen circumstances, I am having to sell my 1995 registered GTM K3 kit car which I have painstakingly been rebuilding at a cost so far in excess of £4.1k since late last year after it had been stored for 5 years under a tarpaulin by the previous owner.

The original build was completed by a local chap and correctly registered in Glasgow and based on a K-Series 1.4 MPi Metro GTi, with R65 gearbox, utilising Metro subframes front and rear with all standard Rover parts allied to GTM parts to fit onto the monocoque fibreglass tub in Rosso Red colour, with matching front and rear clamshells to complete bodywork.

The list of works done to date are as follows and many new parts have been fitted along the way bit sadly I will not have the time to complete due to other commitments;

• Front Metro subframe replaced due to corrosion with low mileage MGF one, which has standard MG components throughout, allied to new brake discs, pads and HEL stainless steel brake hoses. The brake lines are not yet connected, but I hope to have this complete time permitting.

Please note that the subframe uses hydragas spheres, which will require pumping up. The car is supplied with coil over conversion brackets and can be fitted with GAZ 13” adjustable coil over dampers and appropriate rated springs (Faulkner 8”, 275lbs is what I would use.)

• Rear metro subframe replaced due to corrosion with a very low mileage MGF one, with Hydragas spheres removed and replaced with bespoke brackets to install brand new GAZ 13” adjustable coil over dampers fitted with 8” 350lbs Faulkner springs. All braking is standard MGF, with a proper handbrake set up using MG lever and cables fitted to the rear calipers replacing the poor GTM one that was never good enough. HEL stainless steel brake hoses are fitted. The brake lines are not yet connected, but I hope to have this complete time permitting.

• The subframe is fitted with a very low mileage MGF 1.8 K-Series engine and PG1 gearbox, with associated gearshift and cables connected. The engine is not running presently, as I am in the process of wiring in the engine management and fuel systems, which were all fully functioning before I removed the 1.4 MPi engine.

• The MGF clutch pedal is in the process of being modified and will be (hopefully) fitted with the relevant master cylinder and a brand-new HEL stainless hose from the pedal box to the gearbox.

• Brand new OEM MGF 8 Spoke alloy wheels fitted all round, with factory fresh Continental 185/55R15 tyres on rear and brand new Nankang 165/45R15 tyres on the front to retain the same rolling diameter as the 13” wheels and tyres originally fitted. The wheels were changed to 15” to ensure clearance on the rear hubs, as the 13” ones fouled.

• New heater hoses fitted from front to rear.

• New OEM Metro radiator fitted.

• Rover 200 Coupe seats modified to replace the standard Metro seats fitted and all interior trim is present and loosely in place.

The car will come with a large number of spares including;

• As new MGF 14” spare wheel rim.

• Metro 13” spare wheel & tyre.

• GTM hardtop shell with rear window.

• GTM soft top assembly.

• MGF sun visors and rear-view mirror, as none were fitted to the car when I bought it.

• Brand new Rover Metro glove box insert.

• MGF rear anti roll bar and mounts.

STILL TO BE DONE;

• Fit exhaust & back box (supplied)

• Bleed brakes (if I manage to fit line ends)

• Bolt down gearshift and handbrake levers (I am over 6ft tall and the levers may be too far back if I set them up for myself)

• Modify clutch slave cylinder bracket, fit and bleed with new fluid

• Fill and bleed cooling system

I have the V5 correctly registered, loads of history, receipts, original build manual with notes from the builder inserted and other associated documentation with the car and the mileage is showing as 14,505.

The build has been documented here at just-got-myself-a-1995-1-4-twin-cam-k3-t3890.html and additional photos can be send by request - the car is located outside Cumbernauld, North of Glasgow.

Last edited by jaybee on Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:04 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:13 am
Profile E-mail
Part built GTM

Post Re: 1995 Built GTM K3 Project
New lowered price and more works done by me, when I can in the interim.

J.

Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:28 pm
Profile E-mail
Part built GTM

Post Re: 1995 Built GTM K3 Project ***£1200.00***
Now sold!

J

Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:57 pm
Profile E-mail
GTM Nirvana

GTM: Spyder
Post Re: 1995 Built GTM K3 Project ***SOLD***
Hi J, New re-build diary has already started on Kitnet! another Jay!

Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:08 am
Profile E-mail
Part built GTM

Post Re: 1995 Built GTM K3 Project ***SOLD***
sanzomat wrote:
Hi J, New re-build diary has already started on Kitnet! another Jay!

Yeah, he told me was doing that, but I'll cry if i see it :shock: :shock: :shock:

I was like a bear with a sore head after he left yesterday!!!!

J.

Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:03 pm
Profile E-mail