It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:22 pm

1996 GTM Rossa K3 unfinished kit Project 
GTM delivered

Post 1996 GTM Rossa K3 unfinished kit Project
This is my 96 Rossa K3 project for - everything shown in the photos is for sale. I have so many other projects and so little space that this has to go. It is all currently dry stored and hasn't been in the open bar for taking photos.

This kit has had at least 5 owners who have all done some work, then given up and sold it. The work has been done to widely different standards, most is excellent, but some will need re-doing. There appear to have been two Metro GTIs stripped as donors, one was done carefully and the parts were labelled, and the other was not complete and only a few parts exist – for instance there is a second steering rack, an extra pair of 7 spoke alloys and a wiring harness which has been cannibalised and only the connectors have been kept.

I know the registration number of the main donor and there is a screenshot of the registration document among the pictures, but as I have never managed to find who owned it I cannot see a way to register it in my name, so I assume that the completed car will need an IVA inspection. I have a note of the engine number as well.

The accompanying photographs show all the loose parts, but there is also a new windscreen and a rear window for the hardtop, there is no soft top.

The main jobs to complete are wiring, fuel tank and lines, brake lines, trim, lights.

This kit has been moved from pillar to post for 22 years and as a result there are a number of scratches and blemishes to the bodywork, many are because the original moulding marks have never been buffed off.

There is a full factory build manual.

I live in East Kent, and anyone interested is welcome to come and look at it, and can ask questions by email (peter;goldthorp@sky;com) or can call me on 07902 823027.

I am looking for £1250 for everything. The car rolls, but as it has no brakes will need a trailer.

My Photobucket account is useless so I have created a Dropbox folder with all 50+ pictures in, link below:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/262gtvzkz8l5 ... DwW0a?dl=0

Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:34 am
Profile E-mail
GTM delivered

Post Re: 1996 GTM Rossa K3 unfinished kit Project
I have now listed it on a no reserve eBay auction with a £500 start.

Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:20 pm
Profile E-mail
Part built GTM

GTM: Rossa
Post Re: 1996 GTM Rossa K3 unfinished kit Project
Nice project and I would have taken this off you, if I hadn't bought my Rossa Mk2 recently. :(

J.

Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:31 pm
Profile E-mail