It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:44 am

The Classic Vehicle Restoration Show 5th/6th Nov 2016 
On the Road

GTM: Libra
Post The Classic Vehicle Restoration Show 5th/6th Nov 2016
The Footman James Bristol Classic Vehicle Restoration Show 5th/6th November 2016
Bath & West Showground
Somerset
BA4 6QN

For the second year running there will be a hall set aside for kit cars at this show, so again I've booked a club stand.

Would anybody else like to join us at the show?

As the club stand is inside you will need to be there by 9am ish and won't be able to leave before 5pm ish. But you [member] and your passenger will get in free [the passes will be £10 each to non members]. You can come for one day or both. If you're interested, let me have your name and GTM's car registration number ASAP as I need to let the organizers know how many cars we will have on each day. I need to have the form in by the end of next week, 23rd Sept. Two Libra's are booked to go at the moment.

Apparently there won't be any club area's outside, so if you don't want to be inside, you will be parked outside as you turn up. So it will be difficult to park together.

Bob.

Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:22 am
Profile E-mail
GTM Nirvana

GTM: Spyder
Post Re: The Classic Vehicle Restoration Show 5th/6th Nov 2016
I'm not sure about whether I can make it or not yet.

For those that are going along KitNet.uk also have a stand and the plan is that the GoInspire charity car will be there and a bit of progress will be made on it during the day as a living exhibit. I imagine that there will be room for an extra pair of hands or two if anyone is there and fancies being part of the build. The charity is based around the idea of providing converted track cars for people without the use of their legs. We already have a couple of automatic MX5s running (one with full hand controls) and the next step is completing a full race spec Haynes. Some of you may have seen the orange chassis as Stoneleigh. This is gradually getting built up and there are a few bits ready to fix during the show.

https://kitnet.uk/community/threads/classic-vehicle-restoration-show-5th-6th-nov-05-nov-2016.687/
https://en-gb.facebook.com/goinspirenow2015/

Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:56 pm
Profile E-mail
GTM Nirvana

GTM: Spyder
Post Re: The Classic Vehicle Restoration Show 5th/6th Nov 2016
I didn't make it in the end - hope those that did enjoyed it. Just found this pic of GTMOC photobombing the Kitnet.uk photo! If I did make it I could have parked in the middle and been on both my club's stands!
https://kitnet.uk/community/attachments/20161105_092253-jpg.2533/

Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:35 pm
Profile E-mail