It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:40 pm

Keevil Track Day 8th March with MSE only £99 
GTM Nirvana

GTM: Spyder
Post Keevil Track Day 8th March with MSE only £99
https://www.motorsport-events.com/products/8-march-2022-keevil-track-day?mc_cid=73898ba0df&mc_eid=f13a929d5a
If anyone was wondering about trying a track day this might be a good one if you are anywhere in the SW. Very cheap, huge run offs and easy layout to learn. Might be a bit chilly in early March but I've just booked it and assuming I've got my 7 BEC running okay I'll be in that so not much weather protection!

Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:16 pm
Profile E-mail
Part built GTM

GTM: Libra
Post Re: Keevil Track Day 8th March with MSE only £99
I might give this one a go Sanzomat.
Have you done it before?

Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:03 am
Profile E-mail
GTM Nirvana

oldshep wrote:
I might give this one a go Sanzomat.
Have you done it before?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbqGC8WuXFY&t=6s
I've not done this one but here is a link to a video from my mate Colin there last year in his Westfield. He said it was a fun circuit and MSE ran it well with very little queuing. His only negative was that the track was a bit dusty/gritty for the first few sessions as it doesn't get used much but it cleaned up during the day.

It is an airfield circuit with the track laid out with cones. As I understand it the surface is pretty good though, unlike Abingdon which is another airfield circuit MSE use where I'm told the first few session involve cutting down the weeds that grow through the cracks with your car!

Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:08 am
Profile E-mail
GTM Nirvana

Did anyone else go for this then? If so see you on Tuesday. Touch wood I've finished the various jobs on the Locost so in theory it is ready to roll. I've just filled up my jerry cans - this is a first for me as the petrol is more than the track day entry fee!

Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:51 pm
Profile E-mail
Part built GTM

GTM: Libra
Unfortunately domestic issues intervened and it was fully booked when I eventually tried.
I'm thinking of going along anyway assuming the weather is not too awful - there might be a drop-out and at least I can suss it out and get a noise test.
I'll keep an eye out for you Sanzo.

Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:42 pm
Profile E-mail
GTM Nirvana

Nice to meet Oldshep at Keevil today. The V6 Libra looks fantastic in that shade of blue
Attachment:
V6 Libra.jpg
V6 Libra.jpg [ 341.65 KiB | Viewed 2188 times ]

I had a good day and the only thing to break on the Locost was a headlight bracket but luckily the wires held so it was still on when I got back to the paddock. I'm starting to get used to driving it (very different to the Spyder) and my first time at this track but after a couple of sessions I was only getting overtaken by a couple of other cars, including a 911 GT3 and a Caterham R620. I was keeping with or catching/passing pretty much everything else so well pleased.

Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:38 pm
Profile E-mail
GTM Nirvana

Some video from Keevil now on youtube.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlNWI99FL1M
A spin in front of me from the first session. Most of the video is from my third session just before lunch as there was plenty of overtaking. The last bit is my fastest lap of the day, also my last lap of the day.

Sat Mar 12, 2022 2:52 pm
Profile E-mail