It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:00 am

Spa digital dash 
Ready for SVA

GTM: Libra
Post Spa digital dash
I have the GTM standard dash setup but have been thinking about it for some time now to get the SPA Digital dash. Has anyone fitted one to their own cars?

Spin up the Rotrex

GTM Libra Honda 2.0l rotrex type r
BMW 440d M Sport x drive
BMW 320d M Sport

Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:34 pm
Profile E-mail
Ready for SVA

Post Re: Spa digital dash
I think Mike Ross on TGTM built his with the SPA dash + 2 Aux gauges. Looked nice but knocking on £1000 not cheap!

It could have been Mike Rouse?

GTM under RDM did tout it as an option for a while. I don't know how many were built with it though.

Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:55 pm
Profile E-mail
Ready for SVA

I just really like it :D

Spin up the Rotrex

BMW 440d M Sport x drive
BMW 320d M Sport

Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:16 pm
Profile E-mail
On the Road

No experience of the SPA dash but I'm using a Koso in my UVA and I'm very pleased with it. Especially the ease of re-calibrating the speedo and so on.

Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:16 pm
GTM delivered

Roger is correct I (Mike Ross) fitted them to my car... Yes, expensive but at the time I was sort of thinking I was probably only ever going to build 1 kit car so I'd do it properly! 8)
If you go to the Teamgtm.com and try refreshing a few times, sometimes my interior comes up on the banner picture at the top where you can see them. Obviously you could save a bit and not have the aux gauges, the main unit has more than enough inputs (and comes with all the cables and sensors you could need) I just like having dedicated easy to see ones for the important stuff.
As I remember it all connected to the car without much fuss, used the existing speed cable etc.

Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:27 pm
Profile E-mail
Ready for SVA

Cheers, I'll take look now

The only concern I had is the speedo. spa design believe I must use an additional hall sensor off the driveshaft but I really don't want to do that and want to use what I have already which I think will suitable with a 5v output

Spin up the Rotrex

BMW 440d M Sport x drive
BMW 320d M Sport

Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:52 pm
Profile E-mail
GTM delivered

Yeah, that's right I think the sensor for putting on the driveshaft comes with the kit anyway however like you I just wanted to use the existing wiring that already went through the car. I seem to remember splicing the cable into their cable at the instruments fairly easily using the wiring info that comes with the kit.

Then the only thing is that their speedo is expecting 1 pulse for every revolution of the wheel and the K-series sensor sends several pulses per revolution. But that is easily fixed when setting up the instruments by telling it the wheels are 4 times smaller than they are to compensate for it receiving 4 pulses per revolution. (I think it was 4 but yours might be different anyway being the Honda?)

I was a bit nervous about that at my SVA test as I hadn't had a chance to verify the reading using GPS or whatever but it came out bang on. :D
(and even if it didn't it would have been a 1 minute job in the menu's to adjust it)

Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:19 am
Profile E-mail
Looking like a GTM

I think if you have a 5V level pulse this should just feed straight may need to check if the input has a pull up/down resistor and make sure it does not affect your 5V signal. If altering the wheel size in the program does not solve the problem a divide by 4 counter is simple to implement

Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:40 am
Profile E-mail
Ready for SVA

Cheers all, I'll place the order first thing Tuesday morning for the spa dash system.
I'm sure I'll figure it out anyways, it can't be that difficult.

What makes it worse I'm an electrician so it will look bad if I blow it up :roll:

Spin up the Rotrex

BMW 440d M Sport x drive
BMW 320d M Sport

Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:36 pm
Profile E-mail