It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:29 pm

Libra 5AS dash connections - help? 
On the Road

GTM: Libra
Post Libra 5AS dash connections - help?
Hi all,

I'm trying to sort out the birds nests of wiring behind the glove box area on my Libra before moving the 5AS unit to a position at the back of the moulding (inside the car, its currently under the front clam and seems a bit vulnerable).

Doe's anyone have a diagram showing the connections from the metro under dash loom to the 5AS (GTM) loom? Its kind of connected at the moment but it looks like some wires have pulled out and its a bit of a buggers muddle.

The wire colours from the 5AS loom are as follows:

Green/ purple
Green/ black
Grey / black
Blue/ yellow
White / Green (thick)
Black earth

There are also a couple of wires connecting to the LED alarm light but these are fine.

The white / green wire is connected to the multiplug on the 5AS side but it isn't obvious what it connects to in the metro loom and its pulled out whatever it was?

Help would be much appreciated - bit stuck at the moment.

Cheers, Jamie

Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:50 pm
Profile E-mail
GTM Nirvana

GTM: Spyder
Post Re: Libra 5AS dash connections - help?
Your colours are different to mine so I can't help! The only one that absolutely has to be connected on mine is orange/red going off to the ECU (plus a live and earth). Everything else can be bypassed, less protection but less to go wrong.

Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:22 pm
Profile E-mail
On the Road

Thanks Sanz. Seems odd that their different, would have thought that they'd all be the same?? I'll have a double check in the morning but I'm (fairly) sure that it's the 5AS loom where it joins the metro loom I'm looking at.

Bit stumped at the moment. I have a feeling it may be the main GTM loom that runs down the tunnel and not the 5AS as I thought?? Confused :roll:

Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:10 pm
Profile E-mail
On the Road

Yep, ignore my previous question - after poking around and tracing properly it's the main aux loom running to the back of the car I'm looking at, not the 5AS :roll:

It's covered in the msnual so I should be ok connecting it back up. The wiring is a bit of a vipers nest at the moment but I'm getting there - must have saved a couple of kilos with the wire I've stripped out :lol:

Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:58 am
Profile E-mail