It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:38 am

Libra dashboard loom 
Part built GTM

Post Libra dashboard loom
Hi,
Bought a Libra but sold it to my youngest (Alex). Have spent a lot of time swapping engines, fuel tanks, gearboxes, gearbox suspension and gearchanges. Alex decided on original clocks (similar as no longer available). Got a binnacle from Westfield and have modified dashboard top to fit and have now found that I need a “special” GTM loom instead of the Metro thingy.
Has anyone got a spare loom for sale, or a good diagam, with lengths, colours types of terminals etc

Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:00 am
Ready for SVA

Post Re: Libra dashboard loom
Tony,
Assume you've already tried Westfield -- one of their directors (David somebody) ran the company that originally took over the GTM project -- RBM? -- and they were electrical suppliers although I'm not sure whether they supplied Libra Looms.
The original instruments were supplied by EBT www.ebtinstruments.com who might be able to help or you could try the original suppliers of the Coupe loom www.autosparks.co.uk where Paul Eyre is a very helpful guy.
Steve

Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:44 am
Profile E-mail
Part built GTM

Hi Steve,
Thanks for the info. I'd phoned Bob Snooks who gave me much the the same detail.
The people contacted – Westfield – NFU on GTMs, RBM don't do Libra cables and Autosparks, even though they do cables for all GTM models denied they had any knowledge of a Metro cable (too new they say), even though the K3 used a Metro loom?? and they last one built was in 1998.
I returned the email to autosparks pointing out that their GTM902 K3 was likely to be a Metro cable and that the GTM907 Libra cable was also a Metro cable and asked again if the did the dashboard loom. I'm waiting for a reply. I also emailed Speedy cables to see if they had any details for using their clocks in a Metro. If that all falls foul I'll try Paul Eyre direct and a note to ETB asking if they have directions/diagrams/hints & tips etc.
I'm sure I'll get there. And thanks again for the pointers.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:16 pm
Ready for SVA

GTM: Libra
Is the loom not just a modified metro one or could a convertion loom not be made up.
Out of intrest what is your son doing to the suspension.
Regards Matty

Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:03 pm
Profile E-mail
Part built GTM

Hi Matty,
Yes it's a modified Metro loom and I suppose that a dashboard loom could be made up, but I just don't know enough about wiring.
The last time I got involved was making a loom for a MG TC (1949 about 10 wires all together), and that was 50 years ago!
Did I hear you say “keep up Tony”?
Anyway, I'm going to Autosparks on Monday, who didn't know that the product they sell is a Metro loom. I suppose that GTM specified the loom exactly and they just made to the spec.
We have not made any amendments to suspension except for turning the rear shockers the right way up, thanks to Dudley. The front are yet to do, where I need to gouge a little out of the upright and to correct the bolt which is facing the wrong way. The rear suspension could be soda blasted and painted too.

Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:10 pm
GTM delivered

Tony
How did you get on with your visit to Autosparks - did you get the dashboard loom?
Nigel

Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:20 pm
Profile E-mail