It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:42 am

Front suspension bushes 
Ready for SVA

Post Front suspension bushes
Hi all

If I remember correctly Superflex made the bushes for the front wishbones on the Libra.

Were they a special size? They seem smaller than what is readily available?

Has anyone ordered any recently? Got size details etc?

Cheers
Rog

Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:22 pm
Profile E-mail
GTM Nirvana

GTM: Spyder
Post Re: Front suspension bushes
The front dampers are GPG1076. The dampers are 13 ¾” fully open with 4 1/8” stroke & have 12mmx 38mm bushes top & bottom.

Extract from an email I had recently from GAZ when I was enquiring about replacements/refurbing my fronts...

Not sure if this helps at all.

Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:15 pm
Profile E-mail
On the Road

GTM: Libra
post11964.html?hilit=front%20bushes#p11964

The bushes are a custom size and no longer made as far as I could gather.

What we need is someone who has some that's never been fitted to provide accurate dimensions.

SAS

Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:42 am
Profile E-mail
Ready for SVA

Right

I think I have tracked down the correct bush from Superflex. I was surprised to find they are made in Australia!

Superflex UK only have 5 of the bushes in stock. SF1504P GTM Special 22.3mm OD top hat bush (15.7mm overall length, 3.7mm flange, 13.5mm ID)

Superflex do a stock bush which seems to be pretty much identical. SPF1504 22.3mm OD top hat bush 15mm overall length, 3.5mm flange, 13.5mm ID

Any way I am just trying to confirm that what Superflex UK have recorded as the correct bush is the same as the other bush that is available as a standard bush. I am also trying to find out if I have to order the stock bush from Aus or if they have them in the uk.

If I have to have the original part remade then the minimum quantity would be 100! I only need 16!

I will update with my findings.

If anyone one else is interested in new bushes let me know so if they come from Aus then we can get Superflex UK to get enough for everyone.

My intention is to get samples of whatever seems to be right and give them a try before I place an order so at least we can be sure that they will be correct.

Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:43 pm
Profile E-mail
On the Road

Well done finding info.

I'd be interested.

SAS

Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:49 pm
Profile E-mail
Looking like a GTM

I have saved the packaging the bushes came in as supplied with kit that was ordered from rdm but supplied by westfield this was super flex part number spf1504 * 8 made in Australia stainless steel tubes made in uk so looks like they come in pairs so if you order 16 you may get 32 ?.Have you bought your old libra back to fit them into ?Also if they do come in pairs 100 will do 12.5 cars but should have a reasonable chance of selling them as they have stayed the same during production unlike the variation on rear suspension as you more than anyone and will also fit the spyder

Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:01 pm
Profile E-mail
Looking like a GTM

[quote="mark h"]I have saved the packaging the bushes came in as supplied with kit that was ordered from rdm but supplied by westfield this was super flex part number spf1504 * 8 made in Australia stainless steel tubes made in uk so looks like they come in pairs so if you order 16 you may get 32 ?.Have you bought your old libra back to fit them into ?Also if they do come in pairs 100 will do 12.5 cars but should have a reasonable chance of selling them as they have stayed the same during production unlike the variation on rear suspension as you know more than anyone and will also fit the spyder

Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:05 pm
Profile E-mail
Ready for SVA

Hi Mark

That's great thanks.

I'm pretty sure I was told they sell them singly. I will check.

I will get onto Superflex in the morning and find out about availability and price etc.

Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:21 pm
Profile E-mail
GTM Nirvana

I re-used my current bushes so didn't buy new ones. The info from GAZ was, I guess, for the bush "holes" on the shocks?

I do have one spare one that was in the boxes of bits that came with my car. The bushes on the car were 3 black ones (rubbery plastic?) and one yellow one (poly type)

There was another of the yellow ones in the box, apparently unused, that i have somewhere!

The bushes on my rears are purple poly type. That suggests there are more than one source - some yellow, some purple, some black!

Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:31 pm
Profile E-mail
On the Road

We're talking the bushes on the front wishbones, not the shocks.

SAS

Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:59 pm
Profile E-mail
GTM Nirvana

sidewinder wrote:
We're talking the bushes on the front wishbones, not the shocks.

SAS

Must learn to read one day... :oops:

Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:35 pm
Profile E-mail
Looking like a GTM

Just for info - Superflex use the different colours of poly as a visual identifier of the hardness of the bush material so it's quite possible to get bushes of identical sizes that are different colours where one will be a "road" grade and the other is a "fast road" or "race" grade. That explains why sets of bushes for a given car sometimes have various colours in them as even for normal road use some bushes in a car should be made of a harder material than others.

From memory yellow is their softest grade, purple is the next and red is the hardest (and usually only recommended for true competition use).

The "P" on the end of Roger's part number may well refer to purple whilst the lack of a letter on the other part numbers may simply narrow it down to a set of dimensions.

Iain

Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:40 am
Profile E-mail
On the Road

The original front wishbone bushes supplied by GTM were navy blue (at least the ones I got were).

SAS

Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:58 am
Profile E-mail
Looking like a GTM

Probably not made by Superflex then.

Iain

Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:21 am
Profile E-mail
Ready for SVA

Update.

I am advised that the standard bush supplied to GTM was shore 90 and dark blue. Over time they go black.

I am sure Superflex was the original supplier as they have part numbers and records of supplying the bushes.

Superflex tell me that although we have the correct part number and have matched it to the catalogue the bush is not available from stock. It seems there was a fire and a lot of tooling lost. To get new tooling made the minimum order would be 100 pieces.

16 bushes are required per car so I need 5 or 6 more people to order with me.

Any interest?

Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:48 am
Profile E-mail