It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:05 pm

Roof Seal 
Part built GTM

Post Roof Seal
Ok, i am after a roof seal, Allan (rossabitz) said something along the lines of GTM didnt make the seals...what did u all use for a seal then so i can sort mine?

i have tried using Homebases draft excluder but it didnt work cause it was thin...so i am going to try B&Q one as its meant to be thicker and better...just for a temp solution though

Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:53 pm
Profile E-mail
The Terrible Tims

GTM: Cox/Coupe
Post Re: Roof Seal
Have a look at Seals Direct at http://www.sealsplusdirect.co.uk I just bought some boat window rubbers on line, the service was very good.

Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:07 am
Looking like a GTM

Post Re: Roof Seal
I got something from East Kent Trim supplies. I think it was under their foam seals, it was a self adhesive shaped item which was hollow in the middle. Fitted it to the hardtop and stopped water ingress straight away (well from that area anyway). They obviously do mail order but if you give them a call they will try to sort you out and have been very helpful to me over the past year. Cost is cheap, and you can get it by the meter. If you go on their web site you can see the different profiles they can supply. Off hand I think the one I used was a sort of "D" shape. The images aren't the greatest to look at but then as I said give them a ring it maybe easier.

Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:42 pm