It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:29 am

well, what has happened - i did not die 
Part built GTM

Post well, what has happened - i did not die
hello folks!
in 2017 i was diagnosed with LDT cancer
(lower digestive tract)
but thanks to the NHS and manchester royal infirmary and the amazing Missus ?*** of trafford hospital
its cut out and gone. i feel great.
there is a book there - a total tome of experiences - but i love little nelly the Mk2 Rossa, which is why im here.

so, completely given up, trying to warm that carb with brass pipes and hot water is just no good.
i now have a metro exhaust heated manifold.
when its on the road i will tell you if its better than the water heated carb.
unleaded is not the same as four star. (wow that was 20 years ago buts its still true)

hope everybody is well? jesus christ - i really mean it. take vitamins C & D - they wont harm you.
GTM Rossa owners are a tiny club - wow well done us for a none rusty car that is easy to run.
if i ever see another GTM on the road i will J turn and aggressively follow . holey moley i will

Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:01 pm
Profile E-mail
Looking like a GTM

Post Re: well, what has happened - i did not die
Good to hear you recovered, just to help you feel positive my father now 95 & still going strong had part of his bowel/lower intestine removed about 13 years ago. Unfortunately in his case dementia is now taking hold, but he's still fighting that as well. Stay safe

Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:57 am
Profile E-mail
GTM Nirvana

GTM: Spyder
Congratulations for not dying. Always a useful achievement! Hope the heated manifold works for you and keep enjoying the Rossa, well, when we are let out to play again. No reason not to take it out for the grocery shopping though. I’m sat in my Spyder right now outside the supermarket whilst the mrs is in the queue to get in as they have now banned couples shopping together:

Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:29 am
Profile E-mail
GTM on order

GTM: Rossa
Hi,
I'm so pleased you are still around. I noticed you hadn't posted for a while.
Welcome back. As my wife says (she's also had cancer) "if this virus kills me I'll be so pissed off!" Stay safe and well.
How am I ever going to finish my Rossa without your advice.

One upside to me "working from home" is that amazingly the car seems to have progressed!
I now have a front subframe built and installed, working on the rear, brake lines run front to back, gear linkage nearly finished (reverse switch is a pain) Just had to return some discs I ordered as I ordered vented and solid arrived.
Original wheels are powder coated Graphite grey and have 165 tyres fitted. (thanks for the recommendation).
I'm working on the rear hubs but in the box of bits that was supposed to be a complete car there seems to be one steering locking bracket missing. OH well more fab work.
One thing I am considering is to use part of the original locking and fitting a McGill rose joint to the inner side with a standard track rod end to the outer, should work I think.

Anyway if it ever does get finished we will definitely arrange a meet up midway.

Best wishes to you and yours.

Mike

Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:17 pm
Profile E-mail
Looking like a GTM

Not trying to hi-jack your thread but @Mike R this is how I made them for the buggies

Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:47 pm
Profile E-mail
GTM on order

Thanks for the photo's. Was thinkng of something similar but using a LH female thread rose joint.

Am I right in thinking that the later design was to try and keep the radius point in the same place as the upper arm? maybe to reduce bump steer?

Mike

Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:07 pm
Profile E-mail
Looking like a GTM

Mike R wrote:
Thanks for the photo's. Was thinkng of something similar but using a LH female thread rose joint.

Am I right in thinking that the later design was to try and keep the radius point in the same place as the upper arm? maybe to reduce bump steer?

Mike

Mike,

Looking at the images it was 2007 so a little hazy now, but if I remember correctly the rose joint is 1/2" UNF LH thread, the inserts were a LH & a RH thread & the bolt RH, with the 1/2 nuts again LH & RH. The RH bolt was threaded onto the RH insert & welded in place, this was then slid into the tube, made sure the OD of the inserts was the same as the same as the ID of the tube, the the other insert was welded into the other end of the tube, the extra nut was just there to put a spanner on. I plug welded the inserts & then welded around the top edge, there's about 10 sets out there & not heard of any issues. It means you have infinite adjustment, they all came from McGill Motorsport off Fleecebay. The plates came standard with the Freestyle buggies, but yes the idea was to make the pivot length the same to try to eliminate bump steer

Alan..

Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:26 pm
Profile E-mail
GTM on order

Thanks Alan,

I have managed to strip out and save the original centre adjuster from the Rossa adjusted so this has male LH UNF one end and Male RH UNF at the other. Standard track rod end on the RH side fits into the steering arm on the hub and then the 1/2" UNF LH end to a female threaded rose joint. As I have one bracket missing I'll make something from scratch but probably similar to your set up.

Once it is done I'll put some pics on. I found a leak in the steering rack so stripped the front end off again. think I've sorted it now so back on today.

Mike

Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:46 am
Profile E-mail