It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:47 pm

Any spare ARB's 
GTM on order

Post Any spare ARB's
Does anybody have a front ARB or recommend an alternative that could possibly be adapted to fit?

Last edited by Mclar3n on Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:11 pm
Profile E-mail
Ready for SVA

GTM: Libra
Post Re: Any spare ARB's
I think thats a big hope right there :lol:

Spin up the Rotrex

GTM Libra Honda 2.0l rotrex type r
BMW 440d M Sport x drive
BMW 320d M Sport

Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:56 am
Profile E-mail
GTM on order

Thanks for the help. :|

Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:02 am
Profile E-mail
On the Road

These really are rarer than rocking horse doings with hens teeth stuck in it......

Its now a case of getting them made, try Dave Gallop at track Developments.

Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:00 pm
Profile E-mail
Ready for SVA

Definitely not going to find these second hand, get them made is your only choice mate. I had mine made one off, but Alan gow is probably retired now. I can find you a contact number or email if you want though

Spin up the Rotrex

BMW 440d M Sport x drive
BMW 320d M Sport

Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:44 pm
Profile E-mail
Looking like a GTM

If you are able to get new ones made up. Could you post details of price and availability as I could do with a front ARB

Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:19 pm
Profile E-mail
GTM Nirvana

GTM: Spyder
Just one word! Spanners!

Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:07 pm
Profile E-mail
Looking like a GTM

i had some made by Alan Gow a long time ago which was very difficult to get him to answer phone i later found out they had been made the wrong size the front was 19mm and rear was 20mm both should be 18mm so i contacted tube bender ltd as seen in complete kit car he only had tooling to do 16mm the rear one was the one that i thought would be a problem as most i have seen are set on softest setting on 18mm bar so i thought 20mm could cause over steer and didn,t fancy being being over taken by the back of the car so i drew around 20mm bar and sent drawing to tom at tube bender he bent me a 16mm one and i made the end plates with the adjusting holes for the drop links to weld on i have kept 19mm front as this is close to 18mm but car not finished so not driven yet 16mm rear cost £90 inc vat ok but material used was not ideal was not perfectly round so not ideal where d bushes fit. I could do a drawing of one of may rears if anyone wants one but the front will be more difficult as it is on the car at the moment

Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:59 pm
Profile E-mail
Looking like a GTM

GTM: Spyder
mark h wrote:
i had some made by Alan Gow a long time ago which was very difficult to get him to answer phone i later found out they had been made the wrong size the front was 19mm and rear was 20mm both should be 18mm so i contacted tube bender ltd as seen in complete kit car he only had tooling to do 16mm the rear one was the one that i thought would be a problem as most i have seen are set on softest setting on 18mm bar so i thought 20mm could cause over steer and didn,t fancy being being over taken by the back of the car so i drew around 20mm bar and sent drawing to tom at tube bender he bent me a 16mm one and i made the end plates with the adjusting holes for the drop links to weld on i have kept 19mm front as this is close to 18mm but car not finished so not driven yet 16mm rear cost £90 inc vat ok but material used was not ideal was not perfectly round so not ideal where d bushes fit. I could do a drawing of one of may rears if anyone wants one but the front will be more difficult as it is on the car at the moment
A smaller rear bar makes sense with the factory suspension. Rear bar is always set softer than front. I have driven my Spyder with rear bar disconnected and front bar set quite stiff and was still acceptable.

I believe it is a different story with Z Cars rear suspension fitted. Lower roll centre and less camber compliance helps rear grip so a stiffer rear bar setting is needed to eliminate understeer.

Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:13 pm
Profile E-mail
Ready for SVA

Sounds like i might have got lucky with my ARB's from alan gow because i have the Z cars rear suspension. Either way i think it handles like a dream :lol:

Spin up the Rotrex

BMW 440d M Sport x drive
BMW 320d M Sport

Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:35 am
Profile E-mail