It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 9:15 pm

The coolest car in France? 
GTM delivered

GTM: Spyder
Post The coolest car in France?
hello all,

This year i took the Spyder over to the Le Mans classic race where it performed brilliantly, save for an oil pressure sender going as we left the outbound ferry. :shock:

I've never had a car that got so much attention including seven types etc. Very amusing to watch drivers and passengers in Astons etc craning their necks to try and see what the little blue car was!

On the campsite there were fairly regularly a couple of blokes wandering around the car asking what it was etc, never having seen one before and not thinking for a minute it was a kit car.

On the way home as soon as we stopped at the ferry one of the guys from a Sunbeam racing team came over to have a look and tell us that his mate used to sprint a coupe a few years back and at the services in blightly a bloke was out of his ferrari before we'd even got our belts off to ask what it was.

most were amazed that the car is no longer in production, and many when they found out the marque spoke fondly of previous models. A good fun trip, the more i drive this car the more i like it. A couple of friends drove it too and were really taken aback by the performance from what is a standard engine (i guess due to its lightness) Both drive kit cars regularly too.

regards

Paul

Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:32 am
Profile E-mail
Part built GTM

GTM: Spyder
Post Re: The coolest car in France?
Hi Paul,

Sounds like a great trip :mrgreen:

Any photos?

PS. Will you be adding your Spyder to the Spyder list I have started under Libra / Spyder?

Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:43 pm
Profile E-mail