It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:23 am

Spare GRP parts, Westfield situation? 
GTM delivered

Post Spare GRP parts, Westfield situation?
Has anyone ever tried to get spare body or interior parts from Westfield? I contacted them 2 times to ask the price for a LHD dashboard, but they never answered. I wonder if that is the general customer service level at Westfield.

Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:19 pm
Profile E-mail
Part built GTM

GTM: Spyder
Post Re: Spare GRP parts, Westfield situation?
Hi,

I contacted them 4-5 years ago regarding a LHD dash, and it seemed like they could not find the mold for it... GTM had a LHD Spyder demonstrator and have delivered some LHD Libras, so there is a dash mold somewhere!

T

Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:26 am
Profile E-mail
GTM delivered

Yes there certainly is. I know 2 LHD Spyders, 1 delivered from the GTM factory and 1 converted after a second hand buy.

Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:08 am
Profile E-mail
Part built GTM

GTM: Spyder
I think the LHD Spyder demonstrator was rebuild by the factory to RHD before it was sold, could have been around 2007-2008?

3-4 years ago I considered a red, Dutch LHD Spyder that a guy called Vincent tried to sell. He had basically chopped the RHD dash into 3 pieces and glued it together again. :-) Only saw pictures of the car and could not evaluate quality.

Then there was an orange LHD Spyder, also registered in the Netherlands. Think that was a self build, but parts had to be supplied by GTM.

Have you checked the Spyder list?

T

Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:55 am
Profile E-mail
GTM delivered

Thanks for the info. I didn't know the dash was a DIY project. I've seen the car for sale on the kitcarclub forum. The orange one was indeed supplied by GTM. Nice spec. with Honda B20 engine. There is an incomplete buildthread about it on an old website. Never heard of it again or seen it ever. I've seen the spyder list but it is incomplete. Would be interesting to know if there are GTM's in Belgium, France or Germany.

Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:06 pm
Profile E-mail
Ready for SVA

There are/ were 2 GTM's in the Netherlands, both LHD. Bertram Bakker's VAG powered Libra and his mate Herrit (probably wrong spelling) Spyder. There was also someone building an orange spyder. Not sure what happened to that.

Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:19 pm
Profile E-mail
GTM delivered

No there must be more unless they are exported again. 2 yellow Libra's (the build site of the first is gone, but I recall it's a V6) and 1 orange Spyder were built. There is also a red RHD Libra on Dutch plates and 1 or 2 red Spyders were imported. So there must be about 6. The orange Spyder was registered in 2012 and has been SORNED for the last 2 years now, so sitting in someones garage.

Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:31 am
Profile E-mail