It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:02 am

New to forum 
GTM on order

Post New to forum
Saying Hi to what seems a good going forum. I have considered buying a Libra but am unsure about the parts availability with the uncertainty over the company following successive changes in ownership etc. Any advice on this would be useful.

Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:31 pm
Profile E-mail
GTM Nirvana

GTM: Spyder
Post Re: New to forum
This is certainly a very friendly forum with lots of great advice to help with ownership.

The Libra is a great car but I'm bound to say the Spyder is better!! obviously depends what you want to do with it.

Regarding your fears over parts, all the oily bits are readily available from MGF/TF and later Metro's still and that covers most parts that would wear out, obviously all the service parts relative to the donor parts are also available. Many of the bespoke metal parts can still be fabricated as there seems to be people around with the original drawings/jigs or whatever. If you browse here for long enough you'll find some contact details or some of the other guys will let you know. It is my understanding that Westfield still have the moulds so if the worst was to happen and you needed a major GRP component then they could probably do a one off but would likely be expensive so an insurer is more likely to write it off. Having said that there are plenty of grp repairers around and most damage can be repaired.

They don't come up often but I've seen a few come and go for what are quite honestly bargain prices for what you get so keep an eye out.

Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:30 am
Profile E-mail
GTM delivered

GTM: Spyder
Sanzomat has pretty much answered your question, Lideoplethe. There isn't that much to fear with GTM ownership.
Also, you want to, and if you can, it's an itch that's scratchable.

I don't have a great deal of mechanical knowledge but along with the help of this forum and a good local garage for the bits I can't do, nothing has been a problem yet.

Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:41 am
Profile E-mail
GTM on order

Thanks for this info. Goes some way to alleviating some fears about ownership.

Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:29 pm
Profile E-mail