It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:55 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
Z Cars rear suspension 
On the Road

Post Re: Z Cars rear suspension
Cool let us know how you get on, maybe some sort of *cough* cashgroupbuy *cough* would be easier to swallow

If I can't get this car more inspiring to drive I'll end up getting shot of it, and that's not really what I want to do.

Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:28 pm
Profile E-mail
On the Road

GTM: Libra
How does this Libra compare to your old one Ryan?

Did the old one handle better??

Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:08 pm
Profile E-mail
On the Road

Hard to say, it's been a while, but the old one wasn't great either.

Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:05 pm
Profile E-mail
On the Road

So, in speaking to Ryan (yazza) earlier he is definitely interested in the new Z cars rear suspension dependant on a confirmed price on the kit.

I'm a definite so thats two of us confirmed interested. Ryan's been emailing them as well and there may be a possibility of a better price if they have definite orders for a small production run.
As my car is going to Z cars to use as a test fit and I'll be talking regularly with them it would be good to get an idea of the number of confirmed interested parties so we could see if a better price is a goer.

Could those of you who are interested in buying a kit - assuming a price of somewhere between 1000-1800 + vat (ouch) -please let me know and we'll see what they have to say. Not saying we'd definitely get a better price than going to them individually, but its worth asking if there's sufficient interest.

Cheers, Jamie

Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:25 pm
Profile E-mail
On the Road

I have been fair but quite frank with my emails and basically advised that there's a few of us that would be interested but some, me included, feel that the cost is, or should I say was, too high to justify.

He seemed open to the idea as it's much more worth while for him to get the materials in, set up the jigs and make a batch, so just doing one kit a time doesn't work for him. See what happens but we need some takers to make it work and I've communicated that it needs to be at lower end of the scale..at least for me to be up for it

Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:33 am
Profile E-mail
On the Road

Thinking about it, I could do with refreshing my knowledge with how it all fits, as I'm running a completely different engine / box to the car it was developed for.

Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:41 am
Profile E-mail
On the Road

yazza54 wrote:
I have been fair but quite frank with my emails and basically advised that there's a few of us that would be interested but some, me included, feel that the cost is, or should I say was, too high to justify.

He seemed open to the idea as it's much more worth while for him to get the materials in, set up the jigs and make a batch, so just doing one kit a time doesn't work for him. See what happens but we need some takers to make it work and I've communicated that it needs to be at lower end of the scale..at least for me to be up for it

Yes, hopefully when they re-evaluate the costs it comes out lower down that scale and we have more chance of it being so if they can set up to manufacturer a few kits so fingers crossed.

Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:12 am
Profile E-mail
On the Road

yazza54 wrote:
Thinking about it, I could do with refreshing my knowledge with how it all fits, as I'm running a completely different engine / box to the car it was developed for.

Might be worth having a word with Colin, he runs this suspension with a Honda unit I think. I expect the engine steady bars would be different.

Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:15 am
Profile E-mail
Looking like a GTM

GTM: Spyder
Some pics or diagrams would be good. I have seen a few showing the trailing arms but I seem to recall a beam (not active - just for mounting) running across the car.

Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:12 am
Profile E-mail
On the Road

It'll probably be OK on the steady bar as it would've had to clear the k series one anyway so must run above it. I have quite a large 4-2-1 manifold though so pics would be good. Also on my drivers side rear the top wishbone runs very close to my gearbox (Honda engine is opposite way round)

I'll message Colin

Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:31 am
Profile E-mail
On the Road

Some pics here

z-cars-libra-t701.html

Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:38 am
Profile E-mail
GTM Nirvana

GTM: Spyder
I am interested but as I'm a tightwad I'm not sure I'd ever justify it, but, if it were to reach the lower end of that scale I might go for it. However, is there any difference between Libra and Spyder for these? I'm guessing the group deal/economy of scale wouldn't work if it was a different kit for the Spyder.

Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:29 pm
Profile E-mail
On the Road

I'm with you with regards to price. I'm not sure if there are any z cars spyders out there??? But I can't see any reason why it wouldn't fit.

Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:13 pm
Profile E-mail
GTM delivered

I'm sure I've got some pics from when my car was up on a ramp getting my 4-2-1 manifold fitted (k-series) will check when I get home, may be of some use.

With regards to steady bar Yazza, not quite, the original GTM K-series steady bar is ditched and 2 new bars come with the kit that bolt back to the new main beam that runs across the car. Much better than the original solution. But with a different engine perhaps these won't be suitable for you
so be sure to mention that to them so you don't get charged for them but on the other hand you will need some other solution... see what happens when you move away from a good old British engine.... :wink:

Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:13 pm
Profile E-mail
Ready for SVA

I might have been interested in this, except that its come at the wrong time for me. I was made redundant just before Christmas (the company shut down). So i'm in no position to spend money on the GTM at this moment.
Hopefully something will come up in the next few months, otherwise i may have to contemplate selling it instead :( :!: :(

Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:52 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next