It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:39 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Andys 83 Coupe 
Ready for SVA

Post Re: Andys 83 Coupe
A couple more photo's, have the front end near completion, tank and header/washer now in, battery box in, I've also been working on the dash again, I thought a glovebox of some sort was needed to store stuff as there is no other room for it, found a great little on out of a wreck, I'm using the front section and will make the rear up out of fibreglass.

Tue May 04, 2010 6:09 pm
Profile E-mail
Ready for SVA

Back from upholster's, just a few pic's of the job - its looks great, now I'm really on the home stretch

Tue May 18, 2010 7:26 am
Profile E-mail
On the Road

Very nice

Tue May 18, 2010 8:32 am
Profile E-mail
On the Road

Lovely job :mrgreen: Like the dash.... 8) and the carpets 8)

Tue May 18, 2010 10:33 pm
Profile E-mail
Where is my Number Plate?

GTM: Cox/Coupe
8) 8) This is going to be a good one :!: 8) 8)

Keep it up chap :D

Wed May 19, 2010 10:25 pm
Ready for SVA

Started putting the dash back together,

And lagged the manifold,

Thu May 20, 2010 7:33 am
Profile E-mail
On the Road

Did I say that I liked the dash? I was wrong - I love it 8) :lol: It's got me thinking about making my own for the Rossa but I was always bottom of the class at wood work :roll:

Thu May 20, 2010 10:23 pm
Profile E-mail
Ready for SVA

The dash was relatively easy, start with the frame first, I used 2" x 3/4" timber, I made the general shape out of this, then i cut out the piece where the steering wheel fits and bridged this to suit, once happy with this fit the top, make a cardboard template up and cut some 1/4" ply to that shape (the top), then do the same for the front panel, to curve the top piece i cut a series of slots to the underside of the top frame to allow curvature. i made the front panel on mine removable so access to the wiring was better. It just takes time, not cost. You also don't need special tools, all was done by hand. Mine is supported by the steel crossbar holding the steering wheel and the join between fibreglass and steel in the front.

Fri May 21, 2010 4:08 pm
Profile E-mail
On the Road

Thanks for the explanation, Andy. I'll be moving on to the dash very soon (I hope :roll: ) so I might just give it a go. The Rossa dash is a sod to fit and the sides of mine are well scraped by previous owners attempting to fit it. I was thinking of covering it with leathercloth but it's such an awkward shape for that. I actually have a very nice bit of teak but it's being used as a table in the dining room at the moment......

Fri May 21, 2010 10:36 pm
Profile E-mail
On the Road

RaymondH wrote:
I actually have a very nice bit of teak but it's being used as a table in the dining room at the moment......

I've got a feeling this won't go down well - this is without knowing anything about Your partner :!: :roll:

Fri May 21, 2010 10:47 pm
On the Road

No, it won't go down well :cry: And I'd probably lose my garage in the ensuing divorce......... :( :cry: Mind you, there's a teak coffee table that I might get away with :lol:

Fri May 21, 2010 11:05 pm
Profile E-mail
Part built GTM

excellent read, keep up the good work.

Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:28 pm
Profile E-mail
Ready for SVA

Ok I think its time for an update, well I had a little trouble with fitting the front and rear screens as the rubber extrusion I originally brought was to small in width so once I found the correct stuff I now installed the windows, went in a lot easier than I thought it would. I have left the tails on at the moment to allow it to settle.

So whilst I was waiting for ther rubber to arrive I installed my carb, exhaust, oil cooler and throttle linkage, I also modified the battery cradle so it could accept a larger battery.

I'm hoping tonight to get the sunroof in, the rear roll bar and the dash, i'll keep you posted

Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:33 am
Profile E-mail
Admin, and Coupe Nutter

GTM: Cox/Coupe
Andy

Be very carefull with your battery tray and size of battery.

When I Use to have my battery there it was very close to the GRP, and when I changed to a new battery it was slightly larger than the old and it hit the bonnet :!: , hate for you to fit the bonnet close it and give it a big star crack on day one :!:

Neil

Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:43 am
Ready for SVA

Thanks Neil, it should be fine as I use to run the same size but sitting ontop of some wood to allow it to clear the cradle, all I did was slightly widen it (1/2") so it would sit neatly inside (no dif in height), I will check as I close the bonnet anyway.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:40 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next