It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:42 pm

Insurance 
On the Road

Post Re: Insurance
Ah.

I had the same problem with Carole Nash when I added a second bike to my policy. It didn't get added to the database.

They charged me £40 admin for the additiion and I had to phone them 3 times to get everything sorted so I got my admin fee back.

Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:06 pm
Ready for SVA

GTM: Cox/Coupe
I found Adrian Flux were ok ish but they just kept on jacking up the premium until i decided to complain, then they did nothing about it. Their administration is very aggressive too.

I did claim a replacement windscreen (for my 289 Cobra replica) about 15-20 years ago and they dealt with that well. This year I have two classic cars insured for less than their premium for one of them.

David

Porsche 968 Coupe
Radical PR6

Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:47 am
Profile E-mail
Part built GTM

gtmdriver wrote:
octance wrote:
Adrian Flux are useless. Avoid them. I use A plan, although they are more expensive they were extremely helpful and easy to get hold of

That's interesting.

What was the problem with Adrian Flux?

Someone bumped into me in my daily car and they were absolutely no help. They gave my number out to various third parties and I was bombarded my people trying to make me claim whiplash etc. I spent hours on the phone being passed around their call center speaking. Google Adrian Flux reviews...

A plan on the other hand were excellent when I got a quote. Very helpful and know what they are talking about. Google A plan review and see the difference :)

Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:03 pm
Profile E-mail
Part built GTM

GTM: K3
Will post here as it's on the subject of insurance, I've just had my certificate through, and the car is listed as "GTM ROSSA". it's listed as a GTM ROSSAK3 on the V5, but have rung them up and apparently a "ROSSAK3" this isn't on their system so has been put down as a Rossa, do I need to push them to add it as a ROSSAK3 or will this make no difference as it it still a Rossa?

Sorry for the confusion but this is the first time I've insured anything vaguely unusual so want to get it right!

EDIT: Just had another call after realising the engine size was also listed incorrectly (1976cc vs 1796cc) and it has now been changed manually :D

Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:02 am
Profile E-mail
Part built GTM

GTM: Libra
Just changed from Adrian Flux to AIB and saved £100 :D :D

Jamie

Libra V6
Hawk AC Ace
TVR 3000M
MG ZTT 180
Skoda Fabia VRS
TVR Griffith 400 (coming soon)

Wed May 04, 2016 10:30 am
Profile E-mail
Admin, and Coupe Nutter

Thought I would add this here.

Renew has come through from Flux they took their money and then asked for Agreed value forms etc. I Sent off my pictures and forms etc and was expecting the, yes not a problem.

They are no longer accepting my agreed value on the car the same value I have had for 8 years! It is not a silly value either I have been realistic as to what the car is worth not to build.

There was no mention in the renewal of the change of value, it clearly states the same value as previous years. Now they have taken my money they are being difficult and now insisting if I am to have my value I have to get an independant engineering assessor to look at the car!

Not happy it is like buying a 50 inch tv paying the money and getting delivered a 30 inch tv.

This is how I descried it to flux on the phone and they were yes we agree but will not accept the agreed value I had.

Time consider options and look elsewhere I think.

Neil

Thu May 31, 2018 1:00 pm
On the Road

Hi Neil,
I have my Jedi and trailer covered by Hagerty and they accepted my value after me sending them a picture of the car,
Worth an inquiry
John

Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:11 am
Profile E-mail