It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:59 pm

body panels 
Looking like a GTM

GTM: Cox/Coupe
Post body panels
hi people does anyone know where you can buy body panels for the coupe or are they obsolete now,or is it a case of mould your own, :)

Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:07 pm
Profile E-mail
Admin, and Coupe Nutter

Post Re: body panels
Keep your eyes peeled for sale,

I do have a mold for a front tho. As I have made a carbon one, must get back to that one day

Neil

Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:01 pm
Looking like a GTM

Fairly sure it's mould your own.

The moulds were sold to someone who made some Coupes post GTM (Primo) which were compliant with later regs and could pass SVA. Unfortunately the guy passed away before much ever came of the later version of the Coupe. There was some discussion on here where someone was in contact with his family and looking into negotiating for the moulds and rights but I don't think anything ever came of it and there's no telling if the moulds were still in useable condition and whether they had been modified or a new set made with the modifications. So the "originals" might not be of any use anyway.

West's weight saving project included re-making the front clam at least and his thread shows how he made a mould from his original which he could then use to re-produce it using lighter material. I'd suggest this is probably going to be a faster and easier route than trying to track down the original GTM ones (if they even exist for your variant).

Iain

Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:09 pm
Profile E-mail
Ready for SVA

FYI my company bought the project from Mrs Leslie last year so I own the moulds, jigs and rights to the coupe design. Initially my intention in purchasing the project is to supply parts to rebuild existing 13" wheel specification cars. A relaunch of the kit and re-development for IVA may be possible downstream.
Unfortunately we haven't made as much progress as we'd hoped primarily due to lack of space and my being offered some consultancy work. The moulds are currently stored in a unit with other projects. We are negotiating for a larger unit and should be able to move in around March time. Following some setting up we should be able to cost out the production of parts and develop a price list.
The moulds have been stored in the dry since Peter Leslie bought them from GTM in the mid 90s. To my knowledge they have not been modified in any way -- the SVA car which I also own appears to have been modified as a one-off -- and each of the moulds have had a component left in them to protect the surface. Obviously there may have been some transport damage so until we can separate everything we can't be sure of the quality of the mould surfaces.
I addition to the moulds we also have the jig for the chassis tub and have an intial part under construction at a local fabrication workshop.
This thread has rather forced my hand as I was planning to have everything costed out and sample parts made before making any announcement so please bare with us for a couple of months while we get moved into our workshop and some trial parts made.
Thanks.
Steve Shield.

Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:52 pm
Profile E-mail
Looking like a GTM

Post body panels
Thanks guys thats great news, looking forward to a price list :)

Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:25 pm
Profile E-mail
GTM delivered

i still have my shell sat doing nothing at present if you fancy attempting to make a mould from it

Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:23 pm
Profile E-mail
Part built GTM

Steve Shield wrote:
FYI my company bought the project from Mrs Leslie last year so I own the moulds, jigs and rights to the coupe design. Initially my intention in purchasing the project is to supply parts to rebuild existing 13" wheel specification cars. A relaunch of the kit and re-development for IVA may be possible downstream.
Unfortunately we haven't made as much progress as we'd hoped primarily due to lack of space and my being offered some consultancy work. The moulds are currently stored in a unit with other projects. We are negotiating for a larger unit and should be able to move in around March time. Following some setting up we should be able to cost out the production of parts and develop a price list.
The moulds have been stored in the dry since Peter Leslie bought them from GTM in the mid 90s. To my knowledge they have not been modified in any way -- the SVA car which I also own appears to have been modified as a one-off -- and each of the moulds have had a component left in them to protect the surface. Obviously there may have been some transport damage so until we can separate everything we can't be sure of the quality of the mould surfaces.
I addition to the moulds we also have the jig for the chassis tub and have an intial part under construction at a local fabrication workshop.
This thread has rather forced my hand as I was planning to have everything costed out and sample parts made before making any announcement so please bare with us for a couple of months while we get moved into our workshop and some trial parts made.
Thanks.
Steve Shield.

Brilliant to hear! I am in need of an engine cover :)

Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:54 pm
Profile E-mail
Looking like a GTM

i mite have one spare soon :)

Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:05 pm
Profile E-mail
Looking like a GTM

any news on the body panels :D