It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:35 am

front suspension spheres for K3 - what type? 
GTM on order

Post front suspension spheres for K3 - what type?
will the standard metro front spheres work on the front of the K3? reason is that the front ones are available on fleabay, but rear ones are not as common. the build manual says that the front sphere on the K3 should be the standard metro rears. presumably this is to give a softer ride because of the light front end. also, has anyone tried using mgf spheres, front or back? do they work ok? another point is that gti metro rears are harder than standard, has anyone experimented with these?

Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:10 pm
Profile E-mail
Part built GTM

Post Re: front suspension spheres for K3 - what type?
Hi, MGF spheres are not going to be a viable choice, as the you can not get rears anymore and fronts are in short supply a replacement suspension from Suplex was expected last November which converts to traditional coil spring and shock these should now be available although not look myself.

The was company doing regassing of MGF spheres (http://www.mgf2tf.co.uk/MGF_Hydragas_regas.htm) for information. Also these people seem to push the idea of setting the Spheres up to be "stand alone" i.e. remove the connection front to back. I not sure I see the advantage of this for driving, it does allow you to change the presure in each sphere which why racers went this route. I also know of racers that replaced the Nitrogen with air via a valve inserted into the top of the units, air is affected by heat so not a route for the road.

I not tried anything as yet becease my units are OK at present, the Rears (Metro Fronts) are likely to go first as heat seems to be a factor in them lossing the Nitrogen.

In answer to your question the front Spheres on K3 are Metro rear spheres, being my K3 was built gtom Metro GTI, I guess I have got GTI Spheres front and rear.

Keep us informed on how you proceed.

Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:54 pm
Profile E-mail