It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:10 pm

Heater Hoses 
GTM delivered

Post Heater Hoses
Hi,

I've got a rossa but it currently hasn't got a heater plumed in.

I was hoping someone has already fitted one (I will need to run completely new pipes too which I understand go through the center tunnel) and could possibly offer some advice and possibly provide some pictures if there are any about.

I will be changing the diff ratio at the same time so the engine will most likely be out of the car when fitting.

Thanks for any replies

Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:36 pm
Profile E-mail
On the Road

Post Re: Heater Hoses
Hi.

The Rossa was designed to use a Classic Mini heater, preferably a metal one like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Classic-Mini- ... 589b7d4aba rather than a plastic cased one, and you can see it in place here (this is a 'before' photo.......)

Sorry it's not a very good pic but it's the only one I have. Fitting is straightforward and the pipes do indeed go down the tunnel. I actually used lengths of copper water pipe for the tunnel but rubber is probably easier (less joins) and won't rattle....

The next pic shows the engine plumbing but again it's not very clear. However, the hose coming out of the back of the thermostat housing sandwich plate goes to the heater and the one that you can just see coming out of the bottom hose at the left hand suspension cone housing is the return. This is an A+ engine which doesn't have a heater valve on the cylinder head - if yours is not an A+ it won't have the thermostat sandwich plate, the valve on the head being used instead. The bottom hose is Metro and the bit going round the back of the exhaust towards the clutch housing is the one that goes to the header tank. It's all fairly self explanatory and your biggest problem might be getting a heater in good condition.

You can get a build manual from Alan Britton at Rossabitz 01733 844839. Hope this helps - good luck :)

Raymond.

Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:10 pm
Profile E-mail
GTM delivered

Hi,

Thanks for the reply and pics, I think they will be useful, as well as the info on the build manual.

Nice looking engine bay on your rossa, was it rebuilt recently?

Ben

Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:20 pm
Profile E-mail
On the Road

I'm still building it nearly 5 years after getting it :roll: :lol: It's been 'finished' several times but I keep seeing things that could be better. At the moment it's in bits again for what I hope will be the last time! You can see a bit more of it in the 'Projects' section.

Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:43 pm
Profile E-mail
GTM delivered

I think that goes for almost every kit car around :lol: there is always something else to fix or change.

Looks very nice regardless, hopefully I will have mine looking something like that soon, with a bit of warmth too :)

Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:29 pm
Profile E-mail