It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:27 am

Libra on ebay 
Ready for SVA

GTM: Libra
Post Libra on ebay
Saw this Libra today for sale on ebay. Its at a dealer which is quite unusual (& has a dealer price too!)
The dealer happens to be just down the road from me so i'll pop in (prob tomorrow) & have a look at it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321690950875

Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:02 pm
Profile E-mail
GTM delivered

Post Re: Libra on ebay
Does look nice,do you think it's worth the asking price? Have you been to see it yet ?

Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:32 pm
Profile E-mail
Ready for SVA

Yes popped in yesterday to have a quick look on the way home from work. Its quite a nice car. I asked lots of questions which the salesman couldn't answer! But i see that they've put a lot more info on the ebay advert now. Its not a local car to Norfolk but came from some way away & he didn't seem to want to say why. It had a big folder with info about it but i didn't have time to look through it. I had a look under the front clam but couldn't get the rear open, think the rear diffuser needs removing before it can be opened. But it looked pretty well built & got plenty of the sought after bits - 1.8 vvc engine, later rear suspension, decent brakes, anti-roll bars, Prt thermostat, Mike Satur gear change, etc.
Interior was quite good, electric mirrors/windows, seats looked nice but not very comfortable (or maybe just didn't fit my ample rear!).
Chassis number ended in 139 which i think makes it one of the last ones built. Bodywork was good apart from a large-ish chip in the gel coat above the passenger door but this could probably be repaired.
I didn't have a drive in it but its all MOTed/on the road & he said it drove very nice.
Is it worth the asking price? No. But when i said what i thought it was worth as a private sale, he straight away mentioned £7k & we could deal. So you could probably push him further which brings it down to a more realistic price! He's a dealer after all & trying to make as much profit as he can (as all dealers do) & Libra's seldom come up for sale at dealers.
If you want any more info let me know & i'll pop back when i've a bit more time.

Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:51 pm
Profile E-mail
GTM on order

This was my car - traded it in with Norwich Sports and Classics last week who must have moved it on to a local dealer in Norwich.

I owned it for 12 months - bought it from the original builder (guy from Yeovil). Really nice car, was the second Libra I'd onwed.

It was one of the last kits made - kit was purchased in 2007 and had receipts from Westfield rather than GTM.

As you say, up for dealer price but if it went for 7k it wouldn't be far off what I paid for it privately.

Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:25 pm
Profile E-mail
GTM on order

And yes, you have to drop the rear diffuser to open rear clam - two locking pins either side.

Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:26 pm
Profile E-mail
Ready for SVA

Hi Swiftyds, i wondered if the previous owner was on here!
I'm guessing you're local to Norwich then. Did you put many miles on it in the last year? I hadn't seen it around at all.

Well thats 3 Libra's that i know of in Norwich now. Thought that i had a fairly unique car when i bought mine. Shortly after i bought mine, i found there was a blue one in the next village about 2 miles down the road. If there gets any more i might have to think about selling mine, they're just becoming soooo common. :lol: :lol:

Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:14 pm
Profile E-mail
GTM delivered

Looks like a nice example, shame about the price!

Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:16 pm
Profile E-mail