It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:19 pm

New comer advice required. 
GTM on order

Post New comer advice required.
Hi I have the chance of buying a GTM Rossa K3. It is a completed kit but has never been registered for the road. The kit seems to be well done and has one or 2 issues. The main concern for me is that the donor vehicle is unknown. Can anyone tell me how difficult it would be to put the car on the road. I assume it would require an SVA and would have to be registered with the costs of both. I don't have a Vosa station nearby that would do the SVA but I am considering getting our local MOT man to run the rule over it before taking for the SVA.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:41 pm
Profile E-mail
Looking like a GTM

Post Re: New comer advice required.
SVA has gone and been replaced by IVA - there are minor differences in the test itself but the fee has gone up to around £500. You can download the manual to see what the requirements will be and work out from there what you would need to change on the car. Other than the test fee the costs involved are impossible to guess as we'll simply never have all the information.

The IVA tests are done at some of the HGV testing stations around the country not the local registration offices.

It's unlikely that your local MOT tester will be of much use as the IVA test covers far more than an MOT so unless he has the IVA manual and is going through that section by section whilst looking at your car he's not going to be able to tell you much more than you can see for yourself.

Iain

Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:42 pm
Profile E-mail
Looking like a GTM

There's also the registration process itself to get around. They are twitchy on part built kits as they want to know for some reason that you've built it yourself. Most people in this position have found that the easiest way to get the car on the road is to strip it and re-build it themselves with phtographic evidence to prove it. This way you could buy a Rover Metro and use it for the parts that go back into the car in which case you then have a single donor vehicle to use a registration time and avoid the Q-plate.

Iain

Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:48 pm
Profile E-mail
GTM on order

Thanks Iain your advice is spot on, the cost of putting the car on the road would be over half the cost of buying it. It is a shame but for me the costs make it not worth it. I'll post a picture of it in case anyone else is interested [img][IMG]http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc172/SRF_photo/th_DSC00413.jpg[/img][/img]Image.

If they are I can put then in touch with the seller. The price is £1200 but he is open to offers. The car is located in South Cheshire.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:24 pm
Profile E-mail
GTM on order

Would be interested in rossa for track day project. please forward contact details. Kim

Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:21 pm
Profile E-mail
GTM on order

details sent by pm

Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:43 am
Profile E-mail
GTM on order

Added to the collection. Thanks

Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:34 pm
Profile E-mail