It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:27 pm

MGF Rear Calipers 
Part built GTM

GTM: K3
Post MGF Rear Calipers
I have a set mgf calipers ready to go on the K3 but was hoping somebody on here had fitted a set themselves.

The ecentric bushes to adapt the hubs to the same spacing as the carriers is no problem. The issue i have is the handbrake cable, due to the way the OE cable mount is position it directs the cable directly at the sump.

Have people just run the cables with a bend in?

Talon had pics of a K3 on their site that they had fitted these calipers too but the pics have vanished, anyone have copies of these pics?

Tom

Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:30 am
Profile E-mail
On the Road

Post Re: MGF Rear Calipers
advantage998 wrote:
I have a set mgf calipers ready to go on the K3 but was hoping somebody on here had fitted a set themselves.

The ecentric bushes to adapt the hubs to the same spacing as the carriers is no problem. The issue i have is the handbrake cable, due to the way the OE cable mount is position it directs the cable directly at the sump.

Have people just run the cables with a bend in?

Talon had pics of a K3 on their site that they had fitted these calipers too but the pics have vanished, anyone have copies of these pics?

Tom

From what I remember of this we had to cut and reweld part of the bracket that holds the end of the cable - it was 5 years ago and I can't look at the car and take a pic 'cos I sold it. Also I think the cables were too long we strugled to get rid of some slack

Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:59 pm
Part built GTM

That sounds like what i'm going to have to also do, if you can remember did you use Libra cables?

Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:08 am
Profile E-mail
On the Road

From memory 214 / 216 cables.

Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:30 pm
Part built GTM

just fitted MGF rears complete with cables it was tight but fitted OK, using the standard MGF cables

Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:05 pm
Profile E-mail
Part built GTM

Mine are in progress, had to cut and reshape the arms that hold the cable. I used the Libra cables as they are forsale new on ebay for a good price.

What did you use to alter the spacing difference between the hubs and carriers?

Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:12 pm
Profile E-mail
Part built GTM

welded up the original bolt holes using some 12mm steel and then re-drilled with correct spacing, not the nicest or easiest but works fine. I was not able to get the 17mm spacers from Westfield, who were no help at all. I would have to get a engineering company to drill the 17mm holes as I could not find a 17mm drill either.

Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:24 pm
Profile E-mail
Part built GTM

That sounds simple enough, i've drilled mine out to 18mm and am getting some bushes machined up.

What made me laugh, was that westfield didn't even have a parts list, i had to track down the details for them.

Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:29 pm
Profile E-mail