It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:56 pm

How do you re sync a Rover Key Fob PLIP On a Spyder 
Part built GTM

GTM: Spyder
Post How do you re sync a Rover Key Fob PLIP On a Spyder
Hi, I am trying to get my second key fob PLIP working.

I have read the rover forums, and I think I need to re sync my second key fob. The first works ok, so I can lock unlock and deactivate the Rover immobiliser, but I would like to get the second working as a spare.

I have only had the car since Jan, and when I got it, only one fob was working. I have replaced the batteries in both, but still only one works. I was led to believe that they both have been working in the past, so am working on the assumption the second was working once and only out of sync and not faulty or in need of programming.

The Rover forums describe how to resync a fob, by removing its battery, operating each button 5 times, then next to car, unlock door with key, replace battery in fob and press lock several times until horn sounds.

I have tried this, but not sure if unlocking the drivers door with a key does have the same result on a Spyder as it would on a Rover. As on my Spyder the central locking does not seem to activate on the passenger door when the drivers is unlocked with a key. Both doors unlock with the key fob, but this does not help me resync the second fob.

Anyone got any advice on how to Sync keyfobs on a Spyder fitted with Rover (Lucas) two button PLIPs

Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:32 pm
Profile E-mail
Ready for SVA

Post Re: How do you re sync a Rover Key Fob PLIP On a Spyder
Dave -- have you talked to Dudley at Talon Cars? He used to be the Libra build guy at GTM back in the day and I think he can usually help with this immobiliser type stuff.

Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:56 pm
Profile E-mail
Part built GTM

Hi Steve,

Not tried Dudley yet, but all lines of enquiry seem to be pointing that way, so will give him a try.

Thanks for the info.

Dave

Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:27 am
Profile E-mail
Ready for SVA

Dave -- I think he's your man and very helpful

Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:49 pm
Profile E-mail
Part built GTM

Update on my PLIP,

I spoke to Dudley at the Detling show re this, but have taken a slightly different route than trying to get the thing to work! I prevoiusly noticed Talon sell a MEMS Code generator, and as I already have a Toad in my Spyder, I now plan to go down the route of removing the 5AS altogether and replacing with the MEMS code generator, thus ditching my Rover PLIP.

This might seem like a more expensive option than gettin the PLIP synced or turning off the Auto Arm, but both those options would still leave me with Rover PLIPs and a Toad unit on my keys. So removal of the 5AS was my ultimate goal.

Due to some planned trips and work I wont get to do this till the end of May, but will post an update on the removal and fit early June.

Dave. :)

Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:27 pm
Profile E-mail
Part built GTM

As planned, I called into see Dudley on Monday with my ECU to pick up a MEMS code generator. He hooked up my ECU to his box of tricks and the MEMS unit and with a few button presses they were paired.
This morning I set about re fitting be ECU to my Spyder, removing the Rover 5AS unit and fitting the MEMS code gen unit. It's an easy fit, as only uses three wires and all are available in the now redundant 5AS plug. It only took about an hour and success the unit is in and working, the 5AS in the garage cupboard and the Rover PLIP removed from my keying.

I only wish my new rear calipers had been so easy to fit!! But that's another story ;)

Dave.

Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:54 pm
Profile E-mail