It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 11:33 pm

Rossa MK2 and I have some questions :-) 
GTM delivered

Post Rossa MK2 and I have some questions :-)
Hi all,
I have recently purchased a GTM Rossa MK2, however have a few questions that hopefully many of you on here could help with-
1)- If running with two wipers, what length should they be? (as the drivers side flies off the side of the car when switched on lol)
2)- If I converted to a single wiper, can anyone recommend what will work?
3)- Is there an easy way to align the doors?
4)- What is the best wheel and tires size recommendation? I currently have 14" with 185/60's, however they hit the inner arch when on full lock
5)- Could the roll bar be cut then lowered that the top is just below the back bulk head? (let's face it, i'll never roll the car anyway)
Thanks in advance all.
Regards
Paul

Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:11 pm
Profile E-mail
GTM delivered

GTM: Rossa
Post Re: Rossa MK2 and I have some questions :-)
Hi Paul,

1. Single wiper - I built my Rossa with a single wiper - it worked well. Parts required are 20"blade, Adjustable wiper arm Trico part number TWA1 and a 130degree wheel in the motor/gearbox part no WGB229 from a post-1973 Allegro II or III. I also put a bend in the arm to get the best sweep pattern.

2. Align the doors by adjusting the nuts inside the body tub. Wedge the door with folded cardboard to get an even shut line. When building the car this involves filing the holes in order to move the hinge. Assuming the doors were aligned when the car was built, why are they out of alignment now? If the hinges are worn it's easier to replace them. Rossabitz usually have them in stock.

3. Factory recommended wheels were 13" with 185/60 tyres. Wheel offset (12-18mm depending on brakes fitted) was critical on the Rossa, if they foul the bodywork on full lock it might be worth trying 6mm spacers between the wheel and hub. One owner used 175 width tyres successfully.

4. Why do you want to modify the rollover bar? It was an extra (not included in the orginal kits) and therefore not structural and could be removed. If you did this you would have to fit the tension bars that extend the seatbelt mounts from the rear bulkhead to the upper subframe mounts (parts included in original kit). An owner who rolled his car (factory hardtop fitted) showed that the hardtop is strong enough without the rollover bar. Without the hardtop the Rossa is a bit floppy (scuttle shake). I fitted a T-bar from the middle of the rollover bar to the top of the windscreen rail which did a good job of dampening the shakes.

Hope this helps,
Richard

Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:40 am
Profile E-mail
GTM delivered

Hi Richard,
Thank you so much for taking the time out to reply, I really appreciate it and it will really help.
In terms of the roll bar, I was just thinking about cutting a section out of both top parts (from the verticle bars) then re-joining the top part so that the whole thing is lower than the back bulk head. (if you can understand what I mean).
Therefore the bar will still be there for strength, however lower and out of site from outside the car.
I was then thinking of adding something like the two Audi TT roll bars, behind each seat, by attaching them to the now lowered original roll bar....
What do you think?

Thanks again for your reply.
Kind Regards
Paul

Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:39 pm
Profile E-mail
GTM delivered

GTM: Rossa
Hi Paul,

Sounds good to me - it should update the look of the car well. Important thing would be to maintain the integrity of the seatbelt mounts.

regards,
Richard

Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:46 pm
Profile E-mail
GTM delivered

Thanks again for the advice and tips Richard.
If I decide to do that withstand rome bar, I will post some photo's on here.
Regards
Paul

Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:19 pm
Profile E-mail