It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 10:39 pm

My old GTM 
Ready for SVA

Post My old GTM
Seems the guy that brought it off me has on sold the car and it now has a new owner, still in the UK not sure if he ventures on here or not but by accounts of an email I received from the new owner it seems to still be in a great condition. Long live the Coupe.

Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:11 pm
Profile E-mail
GTM delivered

GTM: Cox/Coupe
Post Re: My old GTM
Yes I do venture on here but only just registered - I am new to this forum so I'll say hi to every one! Thanks for your advice on the car, Andy. I have some paintwork to do - can you remember what red it is? Where I get my paint needs a paint code). :)

Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:08 pm
Profile E-mail
Where is my Number Plate?

Hi Woody and Welcome :D

Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:44 pm
Ready for SVA

Hi Woody,

Sorry for the slow reply, I've been trying to look back through my records to see if I took down the codes but unfortunately I didn't however, if my memory serves me right it was a Honda red and Monza rings a bell, not sure of year though but maybe that will give you a starting point oh and it was a non metallic colour .

Andy

Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:59 pm
Profile E-mail
GTM delivered

Hi Andy
Thanks -now I know its a Honda colour that's a good start. I have a lot to live up to with the standard of paint finish that you achieved. Hello, Turbocox! Thank you for the welcome - just want to bounce this around and see if anyone's got any ideas - I need to convert the clutch on my car (have lost the use of my left leg) so I need to be able to operate the clutch with my left hand. Andy suggested a bike hydraulic brake/clutch lever but wondered if it would be too heavy to pull but I do like the idea of this. I would appreciate any views on this. There are some electronic set- ups on the market but too expensive for me so if any of you have any ideas, I'd love to hear them - maybe a servo in the system to help with the heavy clutch? I do not want to go automatic which would be the easiest solution but then easy is no fun! :)

Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:31 pm
Profile E-mail
Ready for SVA

What about using a rally/drift style handbrake as a clutch lever, should have plenty of leverage and you can just remove the existing cylinder from the pedal box and use on the handbrake lever instead.

Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:41 pm
Profile E-mail
GTM delivered

Andy
That's a good idea but iI would like to be able to change gear and use the clutch with the same hand so can keep one hand on the steering. On the electronic systems they have a switch on the gear lever which sends a signal to a management box, which in turn operates an electric motor with a cable to operate the existing pedal, so your original idea of using a bike lever would be good - it could be clamped to the gear change and if I could get enough pull would be able to change and use the clutch with the same hand. I wondered; do you think some kind of servo in the system to a slave cylinder to operate the existing master? (Your thoughts on this would be appreciated) or back to the hand brake idea which, as you say, would have plenty of leverage but would need both hands to change gear. I am beginning to think I am stuffed! :cry:

Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:01 pm
Profile E-mail
Ready for SVA

Woody,

I thought the same thing as soon as I posted my idea, so yep that would be a no go. I still think you are going to struggle to get enough leverage on the brake level to operate the clutch slave. Back to the drawing board.

Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:37 pm
Profile E-mail
Ready for SVA

Woody,

Try these

http://www.magnetimarelli.com/sites/def ... .0_p_0.pdf
http://americanpowertrain.com/i-8521627 ... lenco.html
http://www.sz-wholesaler.com/p/633/656- ... 49417.html
http://www.magnetimarelli.com/business_ ... -actuators
http://www.fwmurphy.co.uk/products/engi ... rp2300.htm

Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:55 pm
Profile E-mail
GTM delivered

Andy
Looks interesting, especially the Magnetimarelli Ecai - will check it out thanks (probably too expensive) but hey, Christmas is coming!! (hint to the wife!!!) :lol: :lol:

Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:58 pm
Profile E-mail
Ready for SVA

Woody,

To be honest none of this modification will be cheap, you are either looking a specific disabled products or motor racing products and neither have a habit of being cheap. Good luck for whatever you choose.

Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:09 pm
Profile E-mail