It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:38 pm

Classic Kit & Retro Action Day, Castle Combe, 20th June 2015 
On the Road

GTM: Libra
Post Re: Classic Kit & Retro Action Day, Castle Combe, 20th June 2015
The GTMOC club area is K8, which is about in the middle of the club areas. Look out for the GTMOC banner.

We're traveling up on Friday [staying at a Premier Inn] so will keep a look out for you on our way there, maybe even join you 8) .

Bob.

Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:33 pm
Profile E-mail
On the Road

Just had a look at a map, we're staying near J16 so won't be joining you at the Cross Hands. We will look out for you though.

Bob.

Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:12 pm
Profile E-mail
Admin, and Coupe Nutter

GTM: Cox/Coupe
OOO another Coupe!

Is it going to be an all red stand :roll:

I will be coming up saturday morning I reckon

Neil

Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:04 pm
On the Road

Don't get too excited Neil, the other Coupe owner will be there but not with his car.

2 red 1 yellow Libra's.

Bob.

Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:15 pm
Profile E-mail
Admin, and Coupe Nutter

At least it will not be a totally red stand :D

Neil

Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:48 pm
GTM Nirvana

GTM: Spyder
Just got home from Castle Combe. I've rubbed in a load of aftersun as I've gone a bit on the pink side. I didn't think it had been that sunny but I guess quite a bit of UV was getting through the clouds.

Apart from a couple of very light showers the weather was pretty good. There were some fantastic cars to drool over in the paddock and even better to watch many of them being driven enthusiastically on the track. My Spyder had its first track outing (well, since I've owned it, not sure if previous owners took it on the track). I think its fair to say I wasn't the quickest car in my session. I was third car out behind two Westies from the BKCC too and they left me behind quite quickly. (they both have more power, less weight and better tyres plus quite a bit of track experience). I had West behind me so I'm looking forward (I think) to seeing his video footage of the back of my car for a couple of laps until he lost patience and zoomed past and away. I had another 7 or 8 car come past and was actually lapped by an orange westy (also BKCC - a very experienced fast driver in a 220hp 560kg car). I managed to spin on the left hander of the esses - I put this down to being on the wrong line having moved over to let a faster car through at the entry and a cold right tyre due there not being many left handers at Combe. Great fun though! and didn't get black flagged.

I definitely think I need some new tyres - the Eagle F1's are date stamped 2003 so well past their prime - I need some 888's before my next outing but that will mean getting som 15" rims too....

Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:19 pm
Profile E-mail
Part built GTM

sanzomat wrote:
Just got home from Castle Combe. I've rubbed in a load of aftersun as I've gone a bit on the pink side. I didn't think it had been that sunny but I guess quite a bit of UV was getting through the clouds.

Apart from a couple of very light showers the weather was pretty good. There were some fantastic cars to drool over in the paddock and even better to watch many of them being driven enthusiastically on the track. My Spyder had its first track outing (well, since I've owned it, not sure if previous owners took it on the track). I think its fair to say I wasn't the quickest car in my session. I was third car out behind two Westies from the BKCC too and they left me behind quite quickly. (they both have more power, less weight and better tyres plus quite a bit of track experience). I had West behind me so I'm looking forward (I think) to seeing his video footage of the back of my car for a couple of laps until he lost patience and zoomed past and away. I had another 7 or 8 car come past and was actually lapped by an orange westy (also BKCC - a very experienced fast driver in a 220hp 560kg car). I managed to spin on the left hander of the esses - I put this down to being on the wrong line having moved over to let a faster car through at the entry and a cold right tyre due there not being many left handers at Combe. Great fun though! and didn't get black flagged.

I definitely think I need some new tyres - the Eagle F1's are date stamped 2003 so well past their prime - I need some 888's before my next outing but that will mean getting som 15" rims too....

The pictures i got are really rubbish quality from my phone...

Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:03 pm
Profile E-mail
GTM Nirvana

I found out today that the guy driving the orange Westfield that lapped me in my track session and was giving an awesome display in other sessions was Dino Zamperelli, professional GP3 racing driver, He was with the BKCC on Saturday in support of the new Go Inspire charity project that BKCC have launched to build a track car for disabled drivers.

I don't feel so bad about getting lapped now!

Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:48 pm
Profile E-mail
GTM Nirvana

http://photos.itpic.co.uk/p983632236/e4ba0f4d3
http://photos.itpic.co.uk/p983632236/e4ba113b3
http://photos.itpic.co.uk/p983632236/e4ba112ef

I think these are from the official photographer - these were posted on the BKCC site as a teaser in case we want to buy them...

Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:12 am
Profile E-mail
Admin, and Coupe Nutter

Good pics those, Mine is a nice slight drift picture, and I can see the rear tyre is being worked very hard! Also the one a bit earlier where I am just behind you good example of the roll.

Will look into my onboard video this evening

Neil

Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:04 pm
GTM Nirvana

octance wrote:
The pictures i got are really rubbish quality from my phone...

Look pretty good to me - thanks for posting them!

Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:31 pm
Profile E-mail
Admin, and Coupe Nutter

Finally sorted some on board footage

https://youtu.be/_B8MyV5IL_Y

Neil

Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:22 pm
Where is my Number Plate?

I love the way when you make the jump to v-tec speed your vision is twisted as the acceleration builds it bends light radiation that can be seen from the on board camera,,,,,,, just like when Chewbacca punches the Millennium Falcon light speed switch :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

. :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:55 pm