It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:59 am

Castle Combe Summer Festival, 22nd July 2017 
On the Road

GTM: Libra
Post Castle Combe Summer Festival, 22nd July 2017
This is a one day show where you can take your car on the track if you wish to. We had a good day there last year with 5 Libra's and a Rossa on the club area. One Libra went out on the track and a Spyder joined the parade lap at the lunch time break.

Let me know if you want to attend and I'll send you an entry pass allowing you to park your GTM on the club area. These passes are free to club members but £15 for non club members. The pass is for vehicle and driver only so any passenger/s will need to book their tickets on line at http://www.castlecombecircuit.co.uk or pay on entry, which is more expensive. Track sessions can also be booked on line at the same address.

Bob.

Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:56 am
Profile E-mail
GTM Nirvana

GTM: Spyder
Post Re: Castle Combe Summer Festival, 22nd July 2017
The parade laps at lunchtime were free last year but they are charging £10 this year which seems steep for a slow cruise around. The track sessions seem good value at £25 for a 15 minute session and are a good way to have a go at proper track driving without committing to a whole track day. Beware that the "on the day" track session prices are likely to be a lot more though (were £35 last year). This has previously been a well attended show with some interesting cars and a some good trade stands and a few kit manufacturers exhibiting too. Not sure if CKC are part of the show this year as they don't feature in the billing?

Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:47 pm
Profile E-mail
On the Road

I now have the passes for this event, let me know if you are coming and I'll post you one. Free to paid up members.

Bob.

Sun May 07, 2017 10:19 am
Profile E-mail
GTM Nirvana

Is anyone coming along to Combe this Saturday then? I'll be there but I'll be with the Kitnet guys but I'll pop over and say hi. If anyone is coming and fancies a convoy in we'll be meeting up at the Cross Hands (not far from M4 J18) at 8.00 and leaving at 8.15 to arrive at the circuit at 8.30.

Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:08 pm
Profile E-mail
On the Road

sanzomat wrote:
Is anyone coming along to Combe this Saturday then?

We have 4 Libra's and a Bertini that I know of attending + your Spyder.

Bob.

Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:21 pm
Profile E-mail
GTM Nirvana

Is there still time to get a GTMOC ticket sent over (or leave one at the gate for me). Looks like the organisers have messed up the Kitnet booking, even though we have over 30 cars coming and tickets in our hands they forgot to reserve a space so are now saying we'll have to be out in the public car park beyond Quarry. They are trying to move things around to fit us back into the normal club areas (we were in the paddock last year) but might be good to have a "plan B"!!!

Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:31 pm
Profile E-mail
On the Road

Were the vehicle passes issued by Complete Kit Car? If so they are the same except the stand number which GTMOC are still waiting for. But I'll put one in the post just in case and let you know our stand number when I know.

Bob.

Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:13 pm
Profile E-mail
GTM Nirvana

Cheers Bob, pretty sure ours came direct from the circuit organisers - have you got yellow gate? Kitnet had blue last year but our tickets were going to be handed out at the Cross Hands on the morning so I don't know what colour we have (or haven't) got now!

I suppose if they are short of space that's a good sign for a big turn out/lots of exhibiters.

I see the lunchtime "cruise" around the circuit is back on the agenda at zero cost, max 30mph, no noise test or helmets needed.

Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:58 pm
Profile E-mail
On the Road

sanzomat wrote:
have you got yellow gate?

Yes vehicle passes are for yellow gate. If you look on the Castle Combe website Kitnet are listed?
A pass is in the post for you.

Bob.

Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:11 pm
Profile E-mail
GTM Nirvana

Arrived today, Thanks. Kitnet have now been found a space, K14-16 wherever that might be. Yellow gate. I can come in twice now!!

Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:28 pm
Profile E-mail
GTM Nirvana

https://youtu.be/opTc2VvWoco
One of the highlights of the day - a vintage open top bus ride around the circuit - this guy wasn't hanging around for a bus!

Thanks again for sending the ticket Bob, and thanks for the delicious burger - do I owe anyone for a food contribution?

Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:21 pm
Profile E-mail
Admin, and Coupe Nutter

GTM: Cox/Coupe
LOTs and Lots of Boost by the sound of it!

Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:52 pm