It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:06 am

Spyder fog light relay? 
GTM delivered

Post Spyder fog light relay?
Hi

all most finished the car now. I have one or two electrical bugs

1. I have no working fog lights anyone know whereabouts the relay is?

2 no reverse light checked bulb fuse switch loom connectors any ideas?

3.Rev counter seem odd some times flutters and to day just went straight to 3k and got stuck there.

I'm thinking I may have a bad earth or a short.

Thanks
Ray

Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:14 pm
Profile E-mail
GTM Nirvana

GTM: Spyder
Post Re: Spyder fog light relay?
I'd guess the relay for the fogs (assuming it has a relay, might just be off the switch for just one 21w bulb?) would be in the cluster of fuses/relays under the dash to the right of the steering column?

If the reverse light isn't coming on either then I'd suspect the sub-loom going to the rear clam. My brake lights did something similar last year. There was definitely 12v at the last connector before it went into the conduit through the tunnel but there was 0v at the first connector at the other end. I don't know if there are any connectors within the conduit (hope not!) but the only explanation was that there was a broken wire or loose connector in the conduit. I ran a new wire along the outside and joined it in either end and that fixed the problem.

Worth checking the earth wire too - just use the resistance setting or continuity beeper between the wire near the lamps and a good earth e.g. the engine frame.

The rev counter works off the ecu signal so check all the connectors on the big multi plug and the engine loom to body loom connector.

I also found there was a lump of wires with bullets under the dash, left hand side, where some of the outer insulators on the bullets had pulled back and they were shorting against each other giving weird results...

Good luck!

Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:59 pm
Profile E-mail