It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:13 pm

Hello Again, Hello - The excitement of Owning a Rossa Mk2 
Part built GTM

GTM: Rossa
Post Re: Hello Again, Hello - The excitement of Owning a Rossa Mk2
The K3 is smaller inside than the Rossa and where I felt it was in the footwell with my size eights and constant clashing with the underside bits of the heater, but headroom was ok, as I had a pair of Rover Coupe seats fitted really low and reclined ever so slightly to stop the hair getting messed up, whilst they go further back as there is no fuel tank behind.

The Rossa also has a centre tunnel, which really should intrude but doesn’t at all and provides a handy little resting place for the left elbow :)

J.

Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:37 pm
Profile E-mail
Part built GTM

GTM: K3
I like the dash in the Rossa. The whole interior looks more roomy. When I get my K3 finished I'll do a few meets and hopefully check out a few of the other cars.

Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:02 pm
Profile E-mail
Part built GTM

Today’s daft question...........

Has anyone ever fitted a tow bar to a Rossa and if so - how did you do it?

J.

Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:15 pm
Profile E-mail
Part built GTM

GTM: K3
I'm going to fit a tow bracket to my K3. I'm thinking of two box sections that will bolt to the underside of the rear subframe and continue forward and fixed to the tub with a couple of decent rubber bushes. Into these will slide two more slightly smaller box sections across which the towbar and hitch will be fixed. This will allow the towbar to be removed so the rear clip can be lifted. You might get away just fixing to the subframe but I'm not too impressed with that idea.

Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:03 am
Profile E-mail
Part built GTM

Since I got the Rossa there were things that I reported from my first post that needed dipole, so over the months I have managed to also do the following;

* The front end is all over the place and I think that it is a combination of tracking and tyre pressures, so will need to find the relevant data to set it up and try again. New trackrod ends and bellows fitted to the steering rack and then the tracking done, which has made a huge difference, as did setting tyre pressures correctly to build manual specs
* The fueling is running rich initially but as the engine bay got hotter, it would not idle, rev beyond 3000 rpm and pick up was non-existent at times and the last 10 miles of my journey was a bit sphincter clenching for me. The engine got a full service and the carb set up properly has made it run like a wee sewing machine
* The brakes work, but probably need the fronts checked over due to a slight pull under braking. All stripped, cleaned up, then bled and all is good - most of the issue was lack of use
* The gear change is hit or miss and its down to a combination of modified linkage and potentially hydraulics, as the hotter the car got, the worse the change became and I assume that the pipe from the master cylinder runs very close to the coolant pipes down the spine of the floor front to rear. Does anyone have a drawing for the gear linkage as it was modified for the Rossa? Fitted a quick shift kit which has improved the shift greatly and bled the master/slave cylinders
* The rear clam and roof squeaked like bstrds and that was driving me nuts for 2 and a half hours, so I will need to try and get rubber extrusion or similar to stop the noise. The mounts were not as tight as they should have been on both roof and clam, then I fitted some rubber door seals around the boot which has helped too
* The windscreen wipers are too small, for both the arms and blades - What have others used to get better screen coverage? New longer blades fitted, which now give much better coverage
* The heater matrix was on all of the time - Should it not have a temperature control of some sort? This appears to be a Metro engine thing, as there’s no bypass on the head, so will be looking at installing a Ford Ka heater valve, which has an inbuilt bypass during the winter months

I managed to get it out yesterday for a wee run and it was great fun, but I really need to use it more, as it’s a shame that it doesn’t get out he garage often

J.

Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:11 am
Profile E-mail